Help! found white powdery scale and webs on lime, lemon tree.

chopinloverMay 27, 2012

Was just pruning the suckers off the bottom of my lime bush and found what reminds me of powdery mildew and tiny webs along the stems. I then inspected other trees and see this on my young Shamel ash and lemon tree. I also saw ants racing up and down the trunks. Came in an looked up scale. Went back out and applied Amdro ant bait not far from the trunks of all said trees.

I see a tiny bit on my huge grown ash trees but they seem unaffected..... what else should i do?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
krismast(6 S.E. PA)

Well I'm no expert as I'm just starting out and I know other people on here will be able to help you further. But one method I know to control scale is to spray the tree down with horticultural oil.

Kristopher

Bookmark   May 27, 2012 at 9:46PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

chopinlover, you'll get all kinds of good information if you can get us some pictures. Your description of webs, white powdery stuff, and ants....we gotta have some pictures!

By the way, make sure that you do not use the Amdro around your citrus (or any edible crop) when it is getting ready to bear fruit. I'm sure you know that by reading the label, though.

Bookmark   May 27, 2012 at 11:50PM
More Discussions
Costco citrus!
Has your Costco started to stock any? We got some kumquat,...
serge94501
citrus tree gratfting 101
I would like to start grafting my own citrus trees....
rj campbell inc
Bugs 16
Bugs 15 is getting to big so starting this one. Trace...
tcamp30144(7B N.ATLANTA)
S.O.S.! What is happening to my lemon tree?
Lemon tree is about 2 years old, started from seed....
afo316
what kind of lemon orange mix is this?
the inside is not like a lemon. it can be peeled easily...
preppystud
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™