amazing citrus experience

ejperrymanMay 21, 2011

i know a lot of people here are always looking for where to buy trees. so i wanted to tell you about my brother's trees. this week i went to visit him in Georgia; he had just ordered 4 trees from Clifton's nursery in California. he ordered a Santa Teresa lemon, Cara Cara, Valencia and a Lisbon lemon (my brother wanted trees in soil, none of that "bare root" stuff). ALL OF THESE TREES arrived in impeccable condition, in their pots with gritty soil, huge (prolly 4 feet tall), most with fruit on them and/or flowers. This even after spending one FULL week in the boxes (it takes approx. 5 shipping days to get from Cali to Georgia via UPS). The boxes they came in were about 5 feet tall. The packing was incredible. I expected the trees to look half dead. There was not even a single leaf that dropped nor was there ANY SOIL SPILLAGE. Clifton's does an amazing job and i highly recommend them.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bgtimber75

How much was shipping? I imagine they came in 5 gallon pots? It had to be a arm and a leg to get those things to Georgia.

Bookmark   May 21, 2011 at 6:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ejperryman

i believe the shipping for each tree came out to about 38 dollars, it depends on how many trees you order. ok i called and asked him. my brother said he thinks that getting such a big tree in its original pot is well worth that. each tree was about 60-70 bucks, plus shipping. in Georgia you can't buy a Lisbon lemon that large for less than 100 bucks, which is about what the trees cost. and of course you can't find a Santa Teresa, seedless Valencia, etc.

Bookmark   May 21, 2011 at 7:07PM
More Discussions
Costco citrus!
Has your Costco started to stock any? We got some kumquat,...
serge94501
Wish me luck - transplanted a 6-7 year old Golden Nugget
Planted too close to a bearss, the lime was towering...
serge94501
Broken Satsuma and Kumquat trees
Hello all. Last May, I planted satsuma and kumquat...
lsugolfredman
Which Cara Cara Orange to Choose?
I'd like to try growing this variety in a container....
charles27gardener
Help Identifying Citrus Disease?
Hi all, We just bought our first house and there's...
tvscribe
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™