Question re brug babies

kathi_rogers(6a - NE Oklahoma)November 23, 2010

I can't keep my cuttings in the garage - it gets too cold/no heating. Will my brug babies survive in a tiled bathroom with the vent closed?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kasha77

Yes Kathi- that's right- your brug babies need some heat to keep on growing- I'd say at least 50*. Does your bathroom stay at least that warm? If it does, they should be ok. And be very careful not to overwater, as you know they are prone to rotting. Will they get some light? You want to keep them growing so they can root and be ready for spring. Hope this helps! You can also set up a shop light over them like may of us do to get them through the winter!
kasha77

Bookmark   November 23, 2010 at 6:34PM
chena(z8 Texas)

Open the vent!! LOL They love the heat..I also think they should be fine.. Kathy is right about the water.. Keep a close eye out for spider mites they love brugs in the house this time of yr..
Where in OK are you.. I will be in the City tomorrow and probably stay a few days..

Kylie

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 2:49PM
kathi_rogers(6a - NE Oklahoma)

Hey Kylie, I'm in the far NE corner of Oklahoma, where Arkansas, Missouri and Kansas come together. It's a little town called Grove, about 3 1/2 hrs from OKC and 1 1/2 hours from Tulsa

Bookmark   November 28, 2010 at 5:41PM
More Discussions
Angel Trumpet Plant Help Please!
This is a plant my mother gave me right before she...
kevbridg
Chocolate Brug
Gm, This is Eddie. Can you please email me at Eddie.Stiltner@my.lr.edu I...
eddiedewayne
Dr. Seuss got a little cold
Ok, so advice - Vinyl greenhouses from Big Lots cannot...
cygnwulf
Why don't my plants set seeds??
I have had my brugs for over 30 years and to my knowledge...
Monzi zone 8a South Carolina
Brugmansia Eternity
I think everyone should have no problems flowering...
boonboon
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™