Clematis mystery

huffinatorJune 7, 2010

I have a clematis growing in my garden that I have not planted! There was not a clematis growing there when I planted my garden. I have several clematis growing around the area but nothing like this one. It is white with pink stamens (I think that's what they're called). The 5 petals are all white. This is the third year it has been growing and it has two stems growing up with only a flower on each one. I would attach pictures but I don't know how to do this at this time. Can anyone help me identify the clematis and/or how it got to be? I would appreciate any feedback that I can get!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
janetpetiole(4b)

It's probably a seedling. Seedlings are fun because you can end up with a nice clematis that no one else has ever seen.

You need to sign up for a free PhotoBucket account to post photos.

Bookmark   June 8, 2010 at 10:04AM
julieiwuc

After you sign up for a PhotoBucket account and upload your pics there, use this information to put the photo in your post, this helped me a lot:
[Make sure your files and in .jpg or .gif. Try not to make your photos really large. 500 pixels x 500 pixels or 4" x 4" is a good size - medium size on PhotoBucket.]
Next, type within your messge the HTML below replacing "file location and photo name" with your photo URL address:

from the Photo Bucket site, under the picture you want to upload, highlight the Direct Link option, copy and then paste it in between the quotation marks (it worked for me this way.)
A small note: in trying to type the HTML above I had to put a space after the first <. there should not be a space after it when you type it. i got this info from garden web faq>

Bookmark   June 8, 2010 at 2:56PM
buyorsell888(Zone 8 Portland OR)

If your photos are big you can also add width=650 after you paste the photo URL and before the closing html tag. To get the URL right click on the photo and copy image location. You can leave the quotation marks out of the html too, I always do.

I use 650 as an example. This photo is 650 pixels wide and I think it is a good size. At least no one has ever complained.

Clematis Bijou last year.

Bookmark   June 9, 2010 at 11:25AM
More Discussions
Montana grandiflora frost protection?
Greetings ... I recently moved from relatively frost...
rovenorth
Anyone Heard of Summerstone Nursery?
I found this site accidentally - they have about 25...
alameda/zone 8
Moms Clematis
Hey everyone! I normally post on the allium forum and...
landscraper82
Fragrant Oberon
I've become obsessed with the Fragrant Oberon clem,...
lisakaye551
Clematis Princess Kate
Hmm, a new Texensis, looks pretty spiffy. Let's see...
boday
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™