For Meyermike / my one little tree :-)

jojosplants(9/ Tucson, Az.)May 10, 2014

Mike,
Thought I'd share my little guy that hung on from last year! Hardly any care sad to say.. but you know my situation ;-) Hoping to bring it around this year! Considering the lack of care, it says a lot for the 5-1-1 mix and how great it really is!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
meyermike_1micha(5)

Well, I'll be! You still have one? And from this vantage point, it still looks good...I love the positive determined attitude you have...That is what I needed these days...

Don't feel bad, I let mines go for a while but it's time to take action again with all the positive reinforcements of these people here...

Please, stick to it..We are here for you.I ,miss your pics and especially the wild life that visits your plants..

Thank you for thinking of me.)))
It's back to the refridge tomorrow for a day or two and then hopefully the warm weather will come back

Mike_-)))))

Bookmark   May 12, 2014 at 1:33PM
jojosplants(9/ Tucson, Az.)

:-) still have 1 . I think it's in a 12" pot. Just got a splash or 2 over the winter, so glad it hung on. Now to get it going again! I try to stay determined but not always easy. Going to try and stick with it. Need to get life turned around for me .
I know your always there for me and I think of you even when not here.. I have you on speed dial now. lol...

Oh no! Cold moving back in :-( Hope it leaves in a day!!!
Adding a recent visitor for you, :-)

This post was edited by jojosplants on Mon, May 12, 14 at 16:39

Bookmark   May 12, 2014 at 2:55PM
meyermike_1micha(5)

My goodness....I am always so jealous of any anyone that can have critters like that in their yards and on their plants!

I once had a humming bird on mine, which is rare, taking the nectar out of the blossoms...It was amazing..
I let over 10 thousands Praying Mantis go last spring, and I only ended up with two adults by August and have not seen them since...
My good pal...Bud, the frog which I raised since it was a tadpole was killed yesterday:-(((
It use to croak and sing every night since last month and now everything is silient in my yard.
It would sit in my Lemon Meyer pot and now nothing.I was going to take a pic..Too late now.Maybe I'll find another.
I was just not meant to have much critters in my yard no matter how inviting I make it.

Mike

Bookmark   May 12, 2014 at 7:18PM

Love my critters :-) I don't like praying Mantis though they are mean little buggers! ROFL! I don't want bugs that attack people. lol...

I know what it's like to lose a critter and I am so sorry to hear about the frog. ;-( Nature can be a vicious cycle. :-/ The little lizard I mentioned used to snuggle up against my coffee cup in the mornings for the warmth . Missed him terrible the rest of the summer. I hope you have more frogs soon!!

One more of my visitors .. this one showed up in Feb. of this year.

Bookmark   May 12, 2014 at 7:59PM
evdesert 9B Indio, CA

Keep your chin up mike it'll warm up soon. Sending you some desert warmth!

It was 94 degrees today and is supposed to hit 108 this Friday, I'll trade ya!!!

Evan

Bookmark   May 12, 2014 at 9:10PM
greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a

Hey, all! JoJo, it doesn't look bad at all.
Keep watering and fertilizing ;-)

Josh

Bookmark   May 12, 2014 at 10:01PM

Evan,
you can send me the lizard ! He's neat!
Do you mind me asking where your from? I've never seen any like him around here.

Hi Josh! :-)
Thank you!
It does need a little TLC!
I have started to feed and water it more. It has mint in the pot too which is very happy right now.

The only thing that saved this little tree is the 5-1-1, that's for sure!

Bookmark   May 12, 2014 at 10:26PM
evdesert 9B Indio, CA

Jojo, I am in the coachella valley in Southern California. That lizard is a desert iguana I believe. He's not a pet I just saw him sitting on my wall so I snapped a few pics!
Evan

Bookmark   May 12, 2014 at 10:43PM

Hi Evan..
Thanks. :-) If you had said AZ. I would be out hunting for lizards. lol.. the ones in my pictures are just visitors to my yard.. but I do have a pet gecko.

JoJo

Bookmark   May 12, 2014 at 11:10PM
veggie_girl

The lizards are so cute! Wish I lived somewhere warm enough to have them in my yard. I do have lots of frogs here always and some turtles that pass thru. Mike, sorry about your frog :(

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 8:06PM

I've not been lucky enough to see a turtle yet. :-) No frogs but we do have the garden toads that I look forward to every summer. Several will end up living in my garden.

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 10:55PM
citrusdan(6)

I just helped a turtle cross the road the other day. They seem to be out in abundance!!

Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 11:05PM

:-) Around here it would just be the Desert tortoise, and we don't see many of them. In my 40+ years of living here I've only seen 2 .

Did find a red eared slider years ago crossing the road. lol

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 10:28AM
meyermike_1micha(5)

Jojo..I meant to ask you..What is in that pot with the tree that is soooooooo green for Arizona? I thought is was moss for a sec and then I though, in Arizona?, I don't think so.lol

Loving all the animal pics! I finally got one of an animal visiting my Orange tree..I will have to get a sec and post it..It's a Bullfrog sitting in the pot...You know me and frogs..They are the only sounds I get towards dusk other than the sound of waterfalls..
That Lizard looks as if he started the evolutionary process of turning into a human and then stopped..ha
Those eyes..

MIke

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 12:50PM
More Discussions
Citrus maxima flower buds?
When should I start fertilizing pomelos?
coconutman
Questions about repotting container grown citrus
Hi all, I am a complete newbie but I have taken great...
emilygreenie
Ants on blossoms?
Is it okay for the Blossom/plant?
coconutman
Sour orange cutting
The second of four cuttings I tried is showing new...
tim45z10
Meyer leaves issue
Hello, My container meyer is having issues. Leaves...
eshieh1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™