Plectranthus montanus(formerly P. cylindraceus)

seedmoneySeptember 2, 2014

By request, a link to pics of Plectranthus montanus flowers. The flowers are tiny and extremely hard to photograph even with a macro lens. I have been growing this for 12 years and it has only flowered twice-- not that I 've been missing anything as you'll undoubtedly agree after viewing the blossoms... ;-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Plectranthus montanus flowers

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LilBit7765

I got a clipping of this. Thanks for sharing now I know what I have lol. The person called it a licorice plant (which we know ALOT of plants are called) I didn't even know it was a succulent. I was trying to root in water. Now I placed in soil. Can you provide any tips for me in trying to get it to root? It would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks

Bookmark   September 2, 2014 at 12:40PM
seedmoney

LilBit,
This Plectranthus is amenable to propagation by the water method or by the usual protocol of letting it dry then placing it in gritty mix to root. In my experience it performs equally well whether under or over watered; it's truly a plant nerd's friend, plus it smells good!

Bookmark   September 3, 2014 at 6:09AM
LilBit7765

Thanks! I appreciate it! I had first tried to root in water but the end went black. So I cut it and stuck in mix! Can't wait to it roots!! :)

Bookmark   September 3, 2014 at 9:05PM
More Discussions
Dirty Cactus
Help! The new growth on my cactus is nice but the...
trini1trini
Prevent mix from falling out drain hole - what do you use?
I have a few particles falling out the bottom of my...
Bama_Joe
hen and chicks not faring well indoors--- suggestions?
Hi, Even as a child, I usually had hen and chicks outdoors...
iaskedforwater
Jades on Sunday Morning
For me, one of the joys of Sunday is being able to...
kaktuskris
What to do with this?
Hi everyone we had this superb plant in our garden...
garazy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™