Raleigh Gardeners

linda_jo(Raleigh, NC 7b)November 2, 2011

I usually hang out at the Wintersowing forum. Do any of you in Ral wintersow? This will be my second year. Do you ever visit each other's gardens? I see I missed the plant swap. I kept a lookout for an announcement but missed it. Was it posted on a calendar somewhere? Does anyone here do a seed swap? Would love to see other gardens and meet other local gardeners.

Linda Jo

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trianglejohn

Linda Jo - The Raleigh Swaps are posted over on the 'Exchanges' sub-forum here on Carolina Gardening Forum. Sometimes it gets a heads up message on the main forum, sometimes it doesn't. We sometimes have a winter seed & bulb swap - it all depends on the interest level. These last two summers have been brutal weather wise so the swaps have been low turnout. I imagine that once the weather turns around things will pick up.

I only wintersow in a minor way. I got tired of dealing with a million seedlings in the spring and my garden is pretty full. Right now I only have two flats of delphinium seeds outside along with a few oddball fruit seeds that need a chill period.

Bookmark   November 3, 2011 at 9:18AM
linda_jo(Raleigh, NC 7b)

Thanks John. I will keep a lookout for swaps/events.

Linda Jo

Bookmark   November 17, 2011 at 8:42AM
brenda_near_eno(Z7a)

I think that lots of folks here wintersow. I know that Tammy and I used to. I didn't last year, but I will this year. I am interested in a seed swap in January.

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 6:44AM
tamelask(z8a NC)

I never got around to it last year, either. Hoping to this go round. Seed swap in Jan sounds good to me. I don't think we had one last yr did we??

Bookmark   December 7, 2011 at 11:20AM
jbarutis(7b)

I would be interested in a seed swap. I have some interesting seeds from my travel in India.

Jeri
Garner, NC

Bookmark   January 3, 2012 at 3:08PM
mahans30(z7)

Me too. I've lived in the triangle for four yrs and am now finally not travelling all the time and am looking to link into the gardening community here.

Bookmark   January 9, 2012 at 11:20AM
brenda_near_eno(Z7a)

Seed swap is Jan 28. Check exchange forum.

Bookmark   January 12, 2012 at 4:37PM
More Discussions
A New Year's Resolution
I resolve to co-exist with hairy bittercress. This...
dottie_in_charlotte
Farm lands in and around Wake County?
I am planning on buying 3 to 5 acres of farm land....
aaaaaaaa
Symposium in Greensboro, NC
Guilford Horticultural Society has announced its 30th...
ncrescue
Indoor planting?
Hi, Did anyone start indoor vegetable seeds sowing?...
aaaaaaaa
butterfly habit Greensboro
Planning a butterfly habitat in Greensboro (church...
jimfnc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™