Unhealthy leaves?

ShellyLovesLimes(7)June 17, 2014

I have a 2 year old Bearss Lime tree in a container that I got in April from a nursery that purchased from Four Winds. The last couple of weeks I have noticed the leaves are getting more yellow. Some of the leaves have always cupped the wrong way since purchasing. There are some holes on a few of the leaves that are new as well. I cannot find any pests (other than a few spiders....ewww). Fertilized today hoping that is what it needed. Last time I fertilized was probably 1-2 months ago. I have been using Dr.Earth Organic fertilizer. Dirt does not appear too wet or too dry but cant be 100% sure that is not the case. Any Idea what could be going on?

This post was edited by ShellyLovesLimes on Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 0:24

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
meyermike_1micha(5)

Sunburn and or a lack of immediate working good balanced soluble fertilizer... The organics in a pot can burn your roots, smother them and cause yellowing leaves because the nutrients in them are not taken up by the plant as it should as in the ground, and even in there it can take quite a while with the right conditions...

It needs a good fertilizer readily available as soon as possible if it's not sunburn I see...

Did you just stick it in full sun? Did you acclimate it?

Mike

Bookmark   June 17, 2014 at 7:49AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
johnmerr(11)

If you really want to stay organic, look for Espoma Citrus Tone; it is a very good product, albeit a bit pricey.

Bookmark   June 17, 2014 at 6:50PM
More Discussions
sweet citrus trees in 2015 diary
this is my diary of my citrus trees from the last 2...
Steve, Z (6Bground,5B roof) Cincy,OH
How MUCH citrus fertilizer do I feed my container citruses?
How MUCH citrus fertilizer do I feed my container citruses?...
vickicat
New Oro Blanco
We hit 99 degrees today and my newly planted Oro blanco...
evdesert 9B Indio, CA
Ants on blossoms?
Is it okay for the Blossom/plant?
coconutman
BUGS 17 :-)
HI all 16 had over 300 post so started this one. Trace...
tcamp30144(7B N.ATLANTA)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™