Natural Fungicide Effects

msmorningsong(SW FL 10A)November 14, 2011

I try to stay as organic as possible with all of my plants, including of course the brugmansia. I was wondering if any of you have used the product I placed in the link, or something similar. What is it number one, is this just baking soda? And if you have used it, does it hurt the beneficial insects? Does any one live far enough south that they also have lizards, and does it hurt them at all?

Thanks if you are able to post any reply on this!

http://www.arbico-organics.com/product/BI-CARB-Old-Fashioned-Fungicide/plant-fungal-disease

Here is a link that might be useful: BI-Carb Anti-Fungal Product

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karyn1(7a)

I've never used it but there's reports about using bicarbonate (potassium & sodium) as a fungicide online. I have no idea if it's toxic to wildlife. I guess if the organism is sensitive to salts it could be a problem but I'm not sure. I've used cinnamon as a spot treatment but am not that impressed with it. Sulfur and copper sulfate are effective but probably toxic to wildlife. I've used sulfur as a spot treatment, especially on things like tubers. I don't use anything for powdery mildew or black spot. Both are very common here but broadcast application of fungicides are needed for control which is one of the reasons I don't grow roses. Even disease resistant varieties seem to get black spot here.

Here is a link that might be useful: bicarbonate

Bookmark   November 14, 2011 at 4:45PM
msmorningsong(SW FL 10A)

Thank you Karyn. I guess I'd just toss then, because I refuse to hurt a butterfly or a lizard, or even a spider. (unless it's a mite)

Bookmark   November 14, 2011 at 5:44PM
karyn1(7a)

You sound like me. The only chemicals I use are Forbid and Fluromite for Broad mites and I'm very careful with them. They are fairly mite and white fly specific. I could never use a broad spectrum insecticide. I pick off critters by hand and rely mainly on beneficial insects and a good blast with the hose.

Bookmark   November 14, 2011 at 6:50PM
More Discussions
Sharing some of my blooms with every one
Hello everyone, Here are some pictures of my blooms....
Jesse Ortiz
Angel Trumpet Plant Help Please!
This is a plant my mother gave me right before she...
kevbridg
Dr. Seuss got a little cold
Ok, so advice - Vinyl greenhouses from Big Lots cannot...
cygnwulf
Brug cuttings:
Good morning all, would like to know if anyone has...
plantmasterm
quick question
Should I cut off all the bottom growth so I have one...
Monzi zone 8a South Carolina
Sponsored Products
Cirrus 24 by Kalco Lighting
$598.00 | Lumens
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Kas Rugs Rugs Floral Perfection Ruby 3
Home Depot
Warwick Yellow Medium Scale Stripe Lined Scallop Valance
$21.95 | Bellacor
Lanao Mirror - Metal
$179.99 | Dot & Bo
Urbanite Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus