Oops, I did it again!

denninmi(8a)June 26, 2012

Went back and bought two more of the on-sale Monrovia citrus standards, a Dancy and a Satsuma. These were a little pricier, ended up being $49 each on sale, 30% off the regular price.

So, that now means I have my previous ones, a large Trifoliate orange, a standard Washington Navel, a shrub form kumquat, a bush form lemon, two smaller oranges from Lowe's 50 cents on the clearance rack 4" pots, and now a new lemon and two new C. reticulata.

Stop me!!!

I still want that grapefruit tree! And I was sorely tempted by a variegated kumquat they had for $90 but it wasn't part of the sale lot.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gro-nut(6a se MI)

Which Lowes did you find them at?

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 11:47AM
denninmi(8a)

Sorry, this wasn't Lowes. It was a local place here in Detroit called Telly's. Didn't mean to mislead, apologies.

Bookmark   June 26, 2012 at 12:24PM
chills71(Zone 6b Mi)

Telly's is mighty tempting...

How big is your trifoliate? I've got a couple in the ground and they've taken 3+ winters so far. none of them have fruited for me yet (which I am considering a novelty, not a good source of edible citrus).

My new citrus addition this year is a finger lime. I even got it from a michigan source. (and it is certainly not hardy here. its going to add to my part-time outdoor plants and come inside when weather requires. It will join my Meyer Lemon, bamboos, figs, passifloras and many other plants)

off topic (slightly). My persimmon fruit are developing nicely (though the fruit drop a month ago worried me). There appear to be about a dozen this year (maybe more) after last years 3 fruit I consider it a plus). The Cudrania has evidently gotten mature enough to start fruiting (or maybe they're flowers at this point) as something is forming along branches..though not many and this is its first year doing so.

hope your summer is going well.

~Chills

Bookmark   June 30, 2012 at 11:20AM
blazeaglory(10 SZ22/24 OC Ca)

$50 for a citrus tree??? Ah your in Michigan. I guess Ive been kinda jaded here in So Cal. I forget sometimes.

Bookmark   July 1, 2012 at 3:11AM
More Discussions
what kind of lemon orange mix is this?
the inside is not like a lemon. it can be peeled easily...
preppystud
Help Identifying Citrus Disease?
Hi all, We just bought our first house and there's...
tvscribe
sweet citrus trees in 2015 diary
this is my diary of my citrus trees from the last 2...
Steve, Micro (6B ground, 5B roof)
Broken Satsuma and Kumquat trees
Hello all. Last May, I planted satsuma and kumquat...
lsugolfredman
Wish me luck - transplanted a 6-7 year old Golden Nugget
Planted too close to a bearss, the lime was towering...
serge94501
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™