A bit OT, and I hope not un-PC ....

zigzagDecember 6, 2009

Anybody else here watching the implosion of the Fine Gardening 'Over the Fence' message board? Seems, in their infinite wisdom, the FG folks deemed it a good time to totally destroy a working board and replace it with an impossible to navigate abomination. The hue and cry is loud and GW will most definitely gain some new members over this dust up. A few FG/Garden Webbers have already posted such, so let's welcome them. (This 'good change' thing is not limited to the garden boards, all the FG boards are up in arms.)

Me thinks there are just too many IT folks on the loose out there who think their job security is based on fixing what ain't broke. My garden message boards are my faves - mostly GW, but I do stroll thru FG OTF too. I just hate it when "they" mess with a good model. :o(

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dottie_in_charlotte(z7-8 NC)

Hmm, I never realized that FG had a message board. Haven't grabbed the mag off the newsstand in a while because it gets me in $$$ trouble. Such lavish photos and unusual plants.

So, if any Fine Gardening board refugees arrive they are more than welcome (and we'll probably teach them how to 'do it less expensively').

I agree with the opinion of IT people given what they've done to eBay in the past 10 years.

Bookmark   December 8, 2009 at 7:33AM
More Discussions
Agapanthus in the Triad Area?
Has anyone had any success growing Agapanthus in the...
GreenfingerGene
Copper Canyon Daisy
Does anyone know where i can find seed or plants of...
Ralph Whisnant
When to transplant crepe myrtle trees?
We are new to the site and have enjoyed reading the...
bigcatonhd
Fruit trees
Hi! We've decided we have room for nine more fruit...
HollowOakFarm
What's this cold doing to my Gardenias
I planted 2 Frost Proof Gardenia's last September....
Gigi z 7B, Upstate SC, USA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™