Posted clematis photos in gallery

pmermakov(Zone 6 (OH))July 26, 2012

I just wanted to let everyone know I posted more pictures in the Gallery, called, "Mid, Late and Reblooming Clematis Summer 2012". Some of these clematis are sort of hard to find many pictures of on the web, so I hope this helps.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/clematis/hpgal0716205421523.html

Ashva:

Prince Charles with Royal Velours:

Ernest Markham:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roseberri, z6(6)

Hi, I love all your clematis they look so healthy and lovely. I am interested because you live in Ohio too, when your viticella types are done flowering do you cut them down and how far do you cut them ?(if you do!) I have several of the types you have and like them very much except for Ernest Markham which I got at a local nursery, it grows but hasnt bloomed and it has been two years. Where do you get your plants?( My most reliable ones come from Silver Star or Brushwood)
roseberri

Bookmark   August 12, 2012 at 11:22AM
pmermakov(Zone 6 (OH))

I cut some of my viticellas back to about a foot after blooming. Most of my clematis I bought by mail order from Brushwood (my favorite place), Silver Star Vinery and locally at Petitti Garden center.

Bookmark   August 14, 2012 at 2:25PM
roseberri, z6(6)

Thanks pmermakov!
I asked because I had seen a discussion about it somewhere and it was suggested there might not be enough time for the clematis to grow back before cold weather and since you seem to be north of me I thought I would ask. yours look great. I have been to a Pettiti" 's as my mother goes there often.
roseberri

Bookmark   August 15, 2012 at 2:48PM
More Discussions
Need advice for rehabing clematis
I had a Duchess of Edinburgh (Type 2) growing on both...
subk3
Buckland Beuaty
This is one of my favourite clematis
ianrtaylor
transplanting ?
My friend is getting rid of (throwing away) a clem...
sorie6
Clematis Question?
I am just giving my clematis (Guernsey Cream) a very...
gardenbug
New bed ideas....would like clematis included.
Hello. I am putting in a new bed this Spring. I am...
suz9601
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™