Lemon Tree Pest

ShwordenJune 7, 2011

Two weeks ago planted a Lemon Tree, an Orange Tree and a pink grape fruit tree. Went away for a week. Came Back and found that something has been munching on the Lemon tree leaves, but the Orange and grape fruit tree are not affected. Inspection of the lemon tree showed no signs of insects . The leaves at the top of the 3 to 4 foot lemon tree clearly shows signs of being eaten. I'd post some pictures, but not sure how to do that yet. Also, some leaves are folded inward and look rather strange. I'd compare it to what I have seen in some trees as possible insect egg infestation either in the leaf itself or in the stem of the leaf. The three trees are about the same size. Planted about 20 feet apart, and only the Lemon Tree being used of some critters lunch!

If you can tell me how to post pictures I'll do so. Unless I find out how first.

Steve

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma(6b)

do you have grasshoppers. the ones around here love my citrus trees and can do some damage fast.

upload you pics to a hosting site, imageshack photobucket, tinypic are all good ones. then copy and paste the HTML code of the picture into the message body of your post.

Bookmark   June 7, 2011 at 6:00PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

There are some caterpillars that 'stitch' folded leaves together to make a little protective tent. Some spiders do the same thing. But perhaps that is not what you mean....so a picture will be important.

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 12:06PM
citrange2

Try googling 'Citrus Leaf Miner'. Could that be the problem?

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 2:04PM
More Discussions
Is my tree a goner???
I came home from work to find our miniature sour orange...
christimfarley
Sour orange cutting
The second of four cuttings I tried is showing new...
tim45z10
Questions about repotting container grown citrus
Hi all, I am a complete newbie but I have taken great...
emilygreenie
New Oro Blanco
We hit 99 degrees today and my newly planted Oro blanco...
evdesert 9B Indio, CA
KinnowLS, XieShan, Dekopan in CA.
Anyone know where these can be purchased or ship to...
cebury
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™