Please help buylady with her trees asap..

meyermike_1micha(5)June 22, 2010

Buylady, you trees need help and fast..

So I thought many here will come to the rescue quickley..

Buylady did post pictures on the link I provided. What does everyone think?

Does anyone see anything that she can do to improve her trees health as fast as possible??

I will start by saying the soil mix looks very compacted and may be holding water way to long..The dead branches are a sign of over or under watering..

Buylady, once you water, how long does it take for your pots to dry out? And how much sun are your trees recieving?

I will defer the rest to the group for different ideas..

Mike

Here is a link that might be useful: Buylady's pictures at bottom of the page.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zecowsay

I'd need some more info from Buylady, I think. I don't really know anything about her situation, but the two things that stand out to me right now are: the soil & the room they're in.

The soil looks hard and compact. I think something needs to be done about that. But what I think the more pressing issue is the room they're in. If the date tag on the photo is correct, why are they being kept in a room that *seems* to get so little light? Are you unable to put them outside? The top branches of several trees are in front of the window while the rest of the tree is well below it. The sun shining through the window on part of the tree while the rest is shaded is going to spell some major temperature imbalances and several cranky trees.

Bookmark   June 22, 2010 at 6:39PM
buylady(z5b IL)

OMG Mike you found me yeaaaaaaaaa...yea its just dirt i'm learning bout u guys mix now...well i have to water them bout 3-4 days i posted nother post bout my room i have outside wood burner and it drys every thing out terrible what all do i need to mix together to get the mixture you all have it looks rocky woody to me LOL how can get nutrients if its all granular?? thx guys guess i need help bad thx for you help Mike much is apprec...

Bookmark   June 22, 2010 at 7:37PM
mgk65(z6)

Definitely the soil is the first thing.

Probably the easiest mix to make or use is the tapla 5:1:1 mix of pine bark fines, turface, and peat.

Go to the container gardening forum for proper discussion of that mix.

Bookmark   June 23, 2010 at 8:25AM
More Discussions
Please diagnose my citrus
My indoor Meyer that I grew from a cutting is developing...
garret_87
Strange happenings with lemon tree
Hi, This is my first post, upon finding your site. I...
alamedadad
sweet citrus trees in 2015 diary
this is my diary of my citrus trees from the last 2...
Steve, Micro (6B ground, 5B roof)
Kumquat :From seed to fruit in one year?
Someone tried to tell me that I can grow a kumquat...
italiangardner
Branch Broke. Lemon ID and other Questions
This tree was found growing on our property when we...
Suzi AKA DesertDance Zone 9b
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™