Where can I find decorative pots.

TonyInVaSeptember 23, 2012

I am looking for some decorative pots on-line to put my Cacti in. I plan on putting some dish gardens together. When you purchase cactus dish gardens from retailers they usually come in a Tex-Mex type painted dish. This is what I am looking for. Anyone know where I can get some?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CorpsmanCooper(FL8b)

I find, personally, that terra cotta pots are best suited for Cacti and succulents. At least they work the best for me. Glazed pots hold in too much water and cause root rot. I know they're pretty boring but you may be able to find some decorative ones at an online retailer. Home Depot had some cute ones as well. More of a variety than Lowe's that's for sure.

~Erin~

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 5:57PM
Ron4310

The terra cotta pots from Italy are the best. The ones from Germany are a different terra cotta and are very hard. The ones from Italy are softer and more porous and easy to drill extra holes in if you want to. Every plant I had in the ones from Germany died; the only pots I've ever had plants die in. Most of my plants are in plastic because I have my own method of telling when they need water. It's worked for me for over 60 years.

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 7:24PM
hijole(9 Sunny California)

Hey Tony... Check out Caudex 1 this guy makes pots from what I understand and they all look like 1 in a million, Yeah that nice and plus they make your plants look nicer than they really are because they have Sooo much more character.

Check out some of his work here on the links in here and I'm sure someone else can help direct you to some of his work.

I believe he has a web site so can someone give da brother a hand please? I seen some of his work and Yeah... There very Exotic looking.

Greg

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 7:37PM
More Discussions
Aeonium hybrids from Southern California
these always look great this time of year (their 'happy...
palmbob
Need Help rooting GIGANTIC Jade cutting from 30 year old specimen
As stated, someone did a HUGE favor for me (no charge...
Bama_Joe
Rosary plant or string of hearts help
Can I propagate from leaf? I also received a tubular....
chicagardens
Can you please name this succulent (Qatar)
This was growing along with cactus it has red ripe...
maufie123
Help! what's wrong with these succulents
They are with me just only for 2 months. Their leaves...
hm825
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™