Kitchen Sink

pmrustyFebruary 14, 2011

I am just starting a kitchen demo/remodel that is very long overdue. So far we've moved the doorway into the kitchen and have ordered the cabinets, dishwasher and rangehood. I need to order the sink next and I'm already stuck. I found a brushed stainless double bowl sink made by Whitehaus. Is anyone familiar with this brand? Can you recommend it? Also, is one type of stainless steel finish better than another? Is brushed easier to maintain and less likely to scratch? Has anyone ordered from homecenter.com?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ianna(Z5b)

Ahem... wrong forum or are you a spam?

Bookmark   February 14, 2011 at 9:46PM
lavender_lass(4b)

Rusty- I think you might be confusing us with the small homes forum. Also, on the kitchen forum, they know all about Whitehaus sinks and stainless steel. I'm sure they'll be happy to help you :)

Just go to the top of the page and click on 'forums' and then go to 'home forums' that will take you to another page, where you can click on kitchen forums. Best of luck with your sink!

Bookmark   February 14, 2011 at 10:07PM
dbloom2

Watch out for Whitehaus! They are really just a clearing house for manufacturers with perhaps the worst customer service to be found. Witness their forever closeout sales. they have an F grade from the BBB. Most faucet manufacturers for example, will ship you parts no cost when they fail or need replacing, they want to retain customers and their good name. Whitehaus will rake you, if you can get a hold of them. They will even quote different prices for parts to you and to the dealer that sold their product to you. If you should make them aware of an issue with a product, they will deny that it's possible, or say they've never heard of that. Good luck dealing with them. They are losing distributors and dealers rapidly, and there are reasons why! Don't make the same mistake I made. A $700.00 one.

Bookmark   February 6, 2012 at 11:59AM
DARBE369

Hopefully, Whitehaus sinks are made better than their faucets. I bought one of their faucets 4 years ago and the finish began peeling off within the first 6 months. I thought Whitehaus was a reputable name because it was pretty expensive compared to Delta, Moen, etc. But, I found out the hard way and won't ever buy their products again!

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 3:30AM
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)

This is the conversation side, so we talk about anything over here!! No harm, no foul.

I love Delta products, and have never had issue with their finish or reliability - Moen, not so much. Never heard of Whitehaus, but sounds like it doesn't come highly recommended!

Nancy.

Bookmark   May 5, 2013 at 11:36AM
More Discussions
Just a little test post -
I'm trying to see how the new posting works. First,...
ThinMan Z5 MI
Wanting to sow my wild flower seeds, have questions
Recently a gas line was installed in front of our house...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
Here's what my Garden looks like!!
The icicles are getting crazy big, but they look pretty...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
Gardenweb and the Houzz Team.
I know Gardenweb is now part of the Houzz Team,..however...
nulty
Weekend Trivia: Sunday
Good morning all. It is warmer here today, but seems...
cyn427
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™