Eureka Lemon Tree question..

emachado19July 22, 2014

Hi Guys, I have been reading this board for a while and thought I would finally join.

I am a novice to all of this but am so far successfully growing various citrus plants.. I have calamandons, persian lemons (small 1 gallon) Key Lime, avocado, Navel and Valencia orange trees and a eureka lemon tree. I have been dealing with the usual everyone on here deals with, aphids, leaf minor etc..

I have a question about my eureka lemon tree... it is a couple of years old already and I purchased it from a nursury in early may. The tree was infested with leaf minor which I have solved.. the true is flush with new growth now and has lemons on it that don't seem to ripen...

I was wondering if the lemons were affected by the leaf minor to create this burnt look on the lemon? or is this from sunburn?

I would post more pics but I am not sure how to upload more than 1.I am greatly enjoying growing all these Potted plants as it is very rewarding watching them grow and ripen..

any opinions on these lemons and if they are ready to be picked? thanks in advance guys and I will keep doing research to develop my green thumb even further.

This post was edited by Bullieblack on Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 12:00

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emachado19

Here is how the tree is doing now..

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 11:59AM
emachado19

This is the tree when I originally bought it in early may. all the leaves shriveled up.. the tree must be at least 3 years old

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 12:03PM
johnmerr(11)

Your lemons won't be ready to harvest until about Dec./Jan.; I don't know if they will get yellow in Miami, but they will get a lighter green; if you have a brix meter (refractometer), you can pick them when the brix (sugar %) gets to 6.5 or 7.
The damage to the fruit appears to be from physical damage; I wouldn't stress about. On the other hand, do you see the small holes in the lemon on the left in your first photo? That is bird damage; small birds often pick at green lemons and limes for the citrus oil which they apply to their feathers to drive off mites.

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 7:27PM
pergola123

It is funny that my Eureka Lemon is totally variegated so I am sure the fruit will be striped. Guess there are different kinds.Carol

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 10:14PM
More Discussions
Is my tree a goner???
I came home from work to find our miniature sour orange...
christimfarley
Brown spots on leaves, help.
Hello, I'm having trouble with leaves. 2 weeks ago...
clip3
Cuban Shaddock, a dwarfing rootstock? I doubt it
It is difficult to find information about this rootstock...
axier - Z10, Basque Country (Spain)
Gray veins in grapefruit
I was advised that this was the better forum for airing...
FanOcitrus
Dekopon on its way
Well I just paid Harris for it. $38 shipped. We will...
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma
Sponsored Products
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Artistic Weavers Rugs Cuneo Taupe 5 ft. x
Home Depot
Area Rug: Eureka Taupe 8' x 11'
Home Depot
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Artistic Weavers Rugs Cuneo Taupe 2 ft. 6 in. x 10
Home Depot
Area Rug: Eureka Taupe 9' x 13'
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™