Help me choose some clematis!

ikea_gwSeptember 8, 2009

This is my second year working my garden and I need some good advice on what to put at various locations around the garden.

Location 1: front of the house up a medium colored brick wall. I need something no more than 8 feet tall that will grow with some direct sun in the morning and bright shade rest of the day.

Location 2: I have a very very large oak tree that I want to grow some clematis on. The bottom of the tree gets a good 4 or 5 hours of sun in the morning. Around it, I have large blue hydrangea and lots of yellow and gold colored fern and hosta. I originally thought Henryi would go there, but maybe I want something with more color?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wesley_butterflies(5b/6)

A top shelf plant sits in location two you need to review the hydrangea forum persoanly from me there is no way I would let a vine run anywhere in my hydrangeas if you realy want spring colors in location 2 rethink it to be a five foot or 6 foot roddie color choises are wide enough it will serve you and that hydragea well but will a roddie grow inbetween a couple oaks Hmmmmmmmmmm different forum

there is just no way I would want a vine growing inbetween a hydragea
Location one

Anything you want for a climatis just look it up

http://www.paradisegarden.com/shop/searchresults.php?category=clematis&browse=1

Bookmark   September 21, 2009 at 12:13PM
More Discussions
Moving Clematis
I have a very large, healthy 10-yr-old Nelly Moser...
rainydaywoman_z8
Clematis Question?
I am just giving my clematis (Guernsey Cream) a very...
gardenbug
Is this clematis 'dead legs'?
Hello, I'm new to this site and growing clematis I...
marko_212
Snowy winter and first-time clematis - advice please
Last fall I planted my first clematis and we've been...
vesfl
Is this clematis dead legs?
This is a corallary to my earlier message showing the...
marko_212
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™