This week my SAC has begun to flower

rouge21_gw(5)September 6, 2012

This is a quite shady section of garden but SAC seems to tolerate it enough to light up this dark area this time of year.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roseberri, z6(6)

that is lovely! How much shade does that area get?I ask because I have three of these and I could put one in a shady spot if it could tolerate more shade. roseberri

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 12:26PM
greenhavenrdgarden

In my experience they do tolerate shade. I have one growing in dappled shade all day with direct sun for a few hours (at most) in the afternoon. The shade is caused by deciduous trees. It's planted right at the edge of my property and the woods. It grew huge this year (it's first) and is just starting to bloom. Its got a ton of blooms.
I have a lot of shade. I was so pleased that it bloomed so well that I bought 2 more to plant in shady spots.

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 1:49PM
rouge21_gw(5)

Thanks roseberrie. Where it is located gets almost no direct sun. If you look carefully you might see the white flowers from this same SAC on the left side of the much taller vegetation on the other side of the fence where it is reaching for more sun.

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 2:29PM
roseberri, z6(6)

thanks everyone! I know just where to put them!I have beenlooking for a vine that would flower in shade!
roseberri

Bookmark   September 8, 2012 at 12:44AM
ditas

beautiful roseberri ~ I guess SAC is not too picky ~ I have relocated mine since planting 7 yrs ago (to shade a Nikko H) from ground to containers & gound again fr place to place, so she is back to being a baby each move but has never failed to show her pretty jasminy-scented-li'l blooms. She is along a fence & trying her mightyest to crawl over Autumn Joy & Carefree rose w/ blooms! Such a trooper!!!

Last year she partly covered a make-sift trellis & shaded a hummingbird feeder ~ the li'l guys loved the setting ~ one even owned & guarded the cafe until time to travel back South. I regret replacing her with Pink Chiffon that didn't crawl high enough. I may plant another in Spring & relocate PC else where!

Thanks for sharing pic!!!

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 10:39AM
ditas

Would love to share SAC's story, a real trooper that she is! FWIW & thanks for viewing & welcome comments on pix.

Here is a link that might be useful: Trooper SAC

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 11:56AM
More Discussions
Buckland Beuaty
This is one of my favourite clematis
ianrtaylor
Anyone Heard of Summerstone Nursery?
I found this site accidentally - they have about 25...
alameda/zone 8
Longest blooming clematis for Utah
Bloom times just don't follow the rules here in this...
kay21_utahzone5a
Clematis in SW Tennessee
Just moved here from Northern IL where I had lots and...
ryseryse_2004
Need advice/insight on my Clematis
I'm in Zone 5/6, Pennsylvania. So I bought this Clematis...
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
Sponsored Products
Tiffany Stained Glass Yellow Trimmed Mediterranean Style Floor Lamp
ParrotUncle
Fat Cat 7 ft. Black Pockey Table - Billiard & Air Hockey - 64-1010
$879.11 | Hayneedle
Avant Eco Brushed Steel Energy Star EcoMotor 54-Inch Ceiling Fan with Walnut Art
$598.00 | Bellacor
WAC Lighting | Infiniti dwelLED 20in Outdoor Wall Sconce
$358.50 | YLighting
Blue 18-Inch Decorative Pillows, Set of Two
$49.95 | Bellacor
Butterfly Buddies Toy Box
$134.99 | zulily
Wall Mounted Ceramic Soap Dish
TheBathOutlet
Truman Bowl Pendant by Hinkley Lighting
$389.00 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for: