i want a fragrant sac

filixOctober 6, 2010

Hello. The first sweet autmn clematis I ever bought had no fragrance what so ever. I planted it in the best place on my property. I kept waiting for years to give me something, but it was not to be. It got huge and beautiful but no fragrance. About five years later I took another shot at it and this time the one I bought was fragrant. I sold my house this past spring and couldn't take anything with me. That was one demand of the new buyer. I love my new place and have plenty of room for clems. Last month I bought another sweet a c. And wouldn't you know it, it has no fragrance! I should have started some cuttings from the one that had fragrance at my old place, but there was no time. Does anyone have one with fragrance? that I could get/buy a cutting? filix.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kentstar(5b, NE Ohio)

I hope mine will be fragrant now. I just planted it this year. It did bloom a little bit this year but I figure that it's too young yet. Hope so...

Here is a link that might be useful: Sweet Autumn Clematis

Bookmark   October 6, 2010 at 3:27PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
filix

Thanks Kenstar. I found two at a clem place in mass. They had two that had bloomed. So they will be fragrant:>) filix

Bookmark   October 8, 2010 at 6:27AM
More Discussions
Where did the gallery photos go?
Is there a way to access previous gallery photos? ...
mnwsgal 4 MN
Clematis winter beauty
I planted a clematis winter beauty before xmas and...
arymretep
Fragrant Oberon
I've become obsessed with the Fragrant Oberon clem,...
lisakaye551
Need advice for rehabing clematis
I had a Duchess of Edinburgh (Type 2) growing on both...
subk3
Clematis Question?
I am just giving my clematis (Guernsey Cream) a very...
gardenbug
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™