Myer lemon question

ralph31558(z8GA)July 30, 2012

eary this spring i bought a meyer lemon in a container,it lost all of its flowers and it looked like it was on its way out so i plantedit in the garden, it started to look like a little shrub it also started to get a few buds, we had a large storm and they all fell off, it is about 1 ft. high.it started to produce a center shoot which started to grow quickly while the small bush around it wasn't growing,the center shoot is now about 6 ft high and i had to tie itto a stick for support.There are no sighns of buds as yet. is this normal? Please advise.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA

Ralph, you need to check where that sprout is emanating from. If it is from below the graft line, it is coming from the rootstock, and not the variety scionwood (what is above the graft line is the Meyer variety scionwood.) If it's coming from below the graft line, cut that sprout off right at the trunk. If you can provide photos, especially a nice close up photo of the trunk where the sprout is coming from, and try to give us what you think if the graft line in the photo, we can help you better. A photo is worth a thousand words, as they say :-)

Patty S.

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 6:21PM
More Discussions
Black Stuff on Lemon Tree - Leaves Curling
What is happening to my pink lemonade lemon? I've...
lekennedy4
Strange happenings with lemon tree
Hi, This is my first post, upon finding your site. I...
alamedadad
Bugs 16
Bugs 15 is getting to big so starting this one. Trace...
tcamp30144(7B N.ATLANTA)
Meyer Lemon tree question
I have a 3-4yr old meyer lemon tree i've kept in a...
clo4l8ty
New leaves - possible too much watering?
Hi! New member here. I haven't had a chance to go back...
springddd
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™