Where is everybody?!

kentstar(5b, NE Ohio)October 28, 2009

he, he, he I just miss seeing clematis activity! :) Bummer... I guess I'll have to wait until spring until this forum gets moving, and my clems! :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flowerfan2(z8/ WA)

Winter's just around the corner and our clematis season is over. It's depressing! It was a good year for clematis in the PNW. We had a wet cool spring followed by a warm dry summer. All the spring blooms were a month late and the summer flowers were early. It made for a spectacular June and July for flowers. Here are a few photo's to tied you over for awhile.

Bookmark   October 29, 2009 at 12:33AM
kentstar(5b, NE Ohio)

Thanks flowerfan! You have some gorgeous clems! I planted 6 clems this year and I guess I'm just impatient. I can't wait to see what spring brings. Especially because 3 of my clems will be in their leap years! :)

Thankyou, I feel much better now lol!

Bookmark   October 29, 2009 at 7:15AM
buyorsell888(Zone 8 Portland OR)

It was a spectacular year for brown dried up leaves for me :(

Bookmark   October 29, 2009 at 9:22PM
kentstar(5b, NE Ohio)

most of mine were like that too this year, because 3 of them were just 'creeping' along, and I just planted 6 others this year and all they did was 'sleep'! One of my Henryi's I planted this year got the 'wilts' and I had to cut to the ground. He hasn't returned yet. I am keeping fingers crossed for next year that he's not dead. Franziska Maria that I planted 2 seasons ago has not bloomed for me yet! I hope next spring in her leap year to see her 'leap'! Most of the others were just sitting there doing nothing above ground this year. The only one I had some luck with so far has been my Crystal Fountain. It's a bloom machine. Goody! :)

Bookmark   October 30, 2009 at 4:33PM
mnwsgal 4 MN(4)

Thanks for sharing your photos, flowerfan. This was a good clematis year for me though it was cool and dry.

I'm in Memphis, TN on fall vacation. Clematis were still green with an occasional bloom when I left but expect to be cutting them back soon.

Bookmark   October 31, 2009 at 11:25PM
More Discussions
Clematis Question?
I am just giving my clematis (Guernsey Cream) a very...
gardenbug
Anyone Heard of Summerstone Nursery?
I found this site accidentally - they have about 25...
alameda/zone 8
Need advice for rehabing clematis
I had a Duchess of Edinburgh (Type 2) growing on both...
subk3
Moving Clematis
I have a very large, healthy 10-yr-old Nelly Moser...
rainydaywoman_z8
Question on a vendor
Hi, Has anyone ever purchased clematis from a vendor...
bellarosa
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™