My Rebecca is really Red!!!

organic_kitten(8)October 5, 2009

After reading about Rebecca on this forum, I had to buy it and see if it was really red. I ordered it from Joy Creek (I know buyorsell, but I sometimes have lousy service from the good ones too).

It surprised me with a bloom, and the bloom is bright Christmas red!!! really red. I'm doing the happy dance!

kay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
buyorsell888(Zone 8 Portland OR)

One can find lousy service all over the place. Just because I found it at Joy Creek doesn't mean everyone else will.

Glad you are happy with your Clematis.

I would have just let it go if it had been only once at Joy Creek but it wasn't. Even on the first visit where they were nice and helpful to my face, their website showed a certain Clematis in stock which I also called to confirm because it is almost an hours drive for me but when I got there the same day, they were out....

Bookmark   October 6, 2009 at 6:46PM
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn

Thats so exciting! I am not a huge fan of red in the garden but i think i know the perfect spot for it. Do you think it needs full sun or is a little shade ok?

Bookmark   October 7, 2009 at 5:34AM
ingridkl(6)

I'm glad I found Rebecca in a nursery in Germany. It will be on my list for next year together with Tie Dye, which was sold out for this year.

Bookmark   October 7, 2009 at 2:19PM
More Discussions
Snowy winter and first-time clematis - advice please
Last fall I planted my first clematis and we've been...
vesfl
transplanting ?
My friend is getting rid of (throwing away) a clem...
sorie6
Anyone Heard of Summerstone Nursery?
I found this site accidentally - they have about 25...
alameda/zone 8
Clematis in SW Tennessee
Just moved here from Northern IL where I had lots and...
ryseryse_2004
Is Sweet Autumn Clematis Appropriate?
My neighbors utility vehicles are parked right up to...
florananny 7a
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™