Mexican Key Lime

TBuck46July 13, 2014

At the end of the fruiting season, it's 11th in the ground, 5 in an large container, it's leaves curled, turned brown and seems to be dead, but for the new growth at the 3 main stalks from the truck.No suckers, and all of the new buds died with the leaves. Twigs, branches and all of the other secondary branches are still good wood when I trim them.
We're in Coronado where Citrus grows very well, most of the island was built from the bay sludge and is very rich. I did use Jajoba stakes about a week or two before the end of the crop as always, because of a ton of new flowers. I'm stumped?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA

I'm not sure what you're saying in your first sentence, tbuck. Are you telling us that you have planted the Mexican lime in the ground after you harvested the limes? I don't understand what you mean by, "it's 11th in the ground, 5 in a large container". Can you provide photos of your tree? Please provide an overall photo, a photo of where the new growth is coming from the trunk (so we can help to decide if this is coming from below or above the graft line), and some closer up photos of the dead growth. It could be due to several things, from transplant shock, Wood Pocket, etc. And, you say you are in Coronado, as in Coronado Island, San Diego? If so, your climate should be just fine for citrus of course. Lastly, I don't know what Jojoba stakes are.

Patty S.

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 11:14AM
More Discussions
Bugs 16
Bugs 15 is getting to big so starting this one. Trace...
tcamp30144(7B N.ATLANTA)
Unsure about the health of my Meyer Lemon..
Hello all! I have dwarf Meyer Lemon plant that I bought...
barbl
Broken Satsuma and Kumquat trees
Hello all. Last May, I planted satsuma and kumquat...
lsugolfredman
Wish me luck - transplanted a 6-7 year old Golden Nugget
Planted too close to a bearss, the lime was towering...
serge94501
what kind of lemon orange mix is this?
the inside is not like a lemon. it can be peeled easily...
preppystud
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™