I love growing citrus trees from seed

tcamp30144(7B N.ATLANTA)July 20, 2014

I know I will not get fruit for 5 years or longer but I should be the fruit king in five years lol. I seem to have gotten down how to grow citrus for the most part all of my seedling seem to do well. This is a picture of my seed grown meyer lemon and tanglo tree they are both about 8 months old.
Trace

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
johnmerr(11)

Looking good. I too get a certain adrenaline rush from seeing a seed sprout. The biggest problem with the Meyer seedling is the root is a bit weak for inground planting; and you may not in the end get a Meyer fruit. In my experience, it will at least be pretty close; but the tree might have a mountain of thorns and be anything from a bush to a standard citrus tree.

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 10:04PM
tcamp30144(7B N.ATLANTA)

Thanks johnmeer just more or less fun to grow but thank you for the support. One day I'm going to create a separate link with every one of my trees photo and logged it would take a while
Trace

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 11:12PM
Steve, Z (6Bground,5B roof) Cincy,OH

looking good Trace

Most of my trees are seed grown. My kumquats have been very hard to grow with lots of die-back. They are in-ground but in a place that I can not get a picture that would be legible. The ground is plant and root free but the vines act as mulch and blend in with the kumquat tree. As for my others. I have discovered a seedling citrus in the community garden from a spit seed. I cleared the weed and fed it and for my sweetlee tangerine trees click below. Th last tree is the biggest and a poncirus trifoliata @ 2.5 years age

Here is a link that might be useful: https://plus.google.com/photos/111099372377958308731/albums/5961857381151877457?banner=pwa

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 2:35PM
meyermike_1micha(5)

Very Nice Tracy...I would love to see all your trees..I got a feeling there are a lot more around the house than you think...Thanks for sharing.

MIke

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 4:12PM
subtropix

If you love growing from seed...

Try either Seville/Bitter Oranges and/or Pomelo. Both are EASY from seed.

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 6:23PM
tcamp30144(7B N.ATLANTA)

Thanks Mike one day I will get around to log in and taking pictures of all of them soon. Never counted them all I have over 25 trees I know mostly young trees. Maybe when I put them in the greenhouse this fall for the wintertime I'll take pictures of them a catalog all love them. Thanks for all the time words glad you enjoy em.
Trace
PS I'm a guy and you'd say my name like your tracing something lol
I had another member think I was a girl lol.

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 9:20PM
Steve, Z (6Bground,5B roof) Cincy,OH

Don't feel bad Mike, I personally straighten the other guy out.

Steve

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 10:08PM
More Discussions
How to prune a Gold Nugget tree
I have a young Gold Nugget tree and, searching information...
axier - Z10, Basque Country (Spain)
citrus trees from whole foods ID please
A couple years ago, I received a couple citrus trees...
beesneeds
KinnowLS, XieShan, Dekopan in CA.
Anyone know where these can be purchased or ship to...
cebury
Advice on struggling Ruby Red grapefruit
My grapefruit tree does not look the best at the moment....
figbear (8b coastal carolina)
Please share recents pic of your potted citrus with us.
Here is just a few of miine larger and smaller ones.. I...
meyermike_1micha
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™