Lethargic Lime/Tangelo

Trussell123(South East NSW)July 1, 2014

Last year I planted a Lemonade, a Lemon, a Tangelo and a Lime. The Lemonade and Lemon are doing very well, the Tangelo and Lime seem to have stagnated. Both of them look healthy enough, they just don't seem to have progressed, no flower or fruit. They were in pots for a few years, could this be the problem? Is there anything I can do to get them going?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA(10b Sunset 23)

Photos please. Really can't help you unless we see the trees, how they're planted, etc. Also, we need to know how much they are being watered, fertilized, how much sun they receive, etc. It may be nothing at all, or, we may be able to make suggestions on care for you, but we need a little more info to be able to help you out.

Patty S.

Bookmark   July 2, 2014 at 11:22AM
Trussell123(South East NSW)

Thanks Patty for the reply, I've included one image, both plants look similar. They get 4-5 hours sun a day, fertilized(Osmocote) in March, due for more in July. We have had regular rain since summer so I haven't had to water. It just seems strange that these two do little compared to the other two citrus.
Tony R

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 12:45AM
RyanLo(NC 7B)

Nitrogen Starved

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 1:22PM
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA(10b Sunset 23)

Wow, I would check to see if they are too wet in the root area. It is possible you've got root rot going on (Phytophthora). I would make sure you've not got soggy roots, first off. I would also consider treating with AgriFos (Phosphorus acid). 2 Tbsp. in 5 gals. of water. Treat now, then a second treatment in 6 weeks. Then, once every 6 months. Since you're fertilizing, yet the tree looks extremely chlorotic, I am suspecting your tree is struggling to absorb nutrients due to root compromise.

Patty S.

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 10:47PM
Trussell123(South East NSW)

Thanks Patty and Ryan I'll try your suggestions.
TonyR

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 11:33PM
More Discussions
BUGS 17 :-)
HI all 16 had over 300 post so started this one. Trace...
tcamp30144(7B N.ATLANTA)
Meyer leaves issue
Hello, My container meyer is having issues. Leaves...
eshieh1
dwarf citrus pest/disease ID help?
I was watering my dwarf lemon and lime trees today...
L
Cuban Shaddock, a dwarfing rootstock? I doubt it
It is difficult to find information about this rootstock...
axier - Z10, Basque Country (Spain)
Fertilising in Gritty mix
Hello everyone, OK, this may be a really basic question,...
bopwinter
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™