Dioecious Monadenium

kaktuskrisOctober 7, 2012

I never knew Monadenium was dioecious until the other day, when I noticed the cyathia on one plant looked different from those on another blooming at the same time...Would love to get some seeds from these...

Christopher

Female plant

Male plant

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cactusmcharris

Christopher,

Although all my Monadenium* growing is done vicariously, I'm happy for you - let's hope for successful seed setting.

*I just realized that that's how one would say 'my Adenium' in Montreal - by golly, I'm going to get this French palaver down yet.

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 2:19PM
Dzitmoidonc(6)

Christopher, you can pretty well figure that anything Euphorbic is dioecious; that rule of thumb will be right more often than wrong.

Mon dzieu (how you say it in Montreal-ese), Jeff. I know you have a liscense to butcher Japanese, did you somehow come into the possession of a permit to start on French, such as it is, in Montreal? :)

Just kidding, you make a fine citizen of the world. I went to school with a girl named Mona Theriault. She alone could say truthfully, "Mon nom c'est Mona".

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 7:38PM
cactusmcharris

dz,

I didn't know that. Zaboten ga dai suki desu. And the Montrealese is based on just 10 days there - I so want to go back, just not in the winter or the summer.

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 8:23PM
kaktuskris

Neither did I.

Merci, Jeff. Only one cyathia looks promising at this stage. Francais est facile, in my view, anyway. And Montreal in summer is quite pleasant, by the way, as is Quebec.

Christopher

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 8:59PM
More Discussions
Help needed with cutting
Hey guy I have a neighbour who has this jade first...
Hamza Nobes
So how about this jade?
I bought this as Crassula obliqua variegata; the leaves,...
marguerite_gw
Pest and diseases in Aloes (photos?)
Hi everyone, Can anyone refer me to a website or a...
juper
Help! what's wrong with these succulents
They are with me just only for 2 months. Their leaves...
hm825
Lithops, Hawthoria, Fenestraria, and Pleiospilos
I rode over to Home Depot and bought these four plants...
bouldergrower
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™