OT: I felt like a kid in a candy store

karyn1(7a)December 27, 2011

I just got back from Gardino's Nursery (www.rareflora.com). They have some of the most amazing plants. They grow tropicals that can't be found anywhere else and their private collection is to die for. Regina's speciality is hoyas and Sid's is everything else. There's so much more growing then is listed on their site. I picked up about a dozen new plants. I'll post varieties and pics when I get home.

I've also collected cuttings and seeds from around the house and neighborhood. Kathy I have some seeds that I think you'll like. The weather's great. It's been in the low 80's with low humidity and a nice breeze. It's warmer then normal back home but not warm enough that I want to be there. We'll be back on the 2nd. At least I'll only have to deal with Washington weather for a few weeks before heading down south again. A happy healthy New Year to all.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eloise_ca

Karyn looking forward to seeing what all you got! I liked your subject title as that tells all, lol!

Wishing you and yours a fantastic New Year!

Bookmark   December 28, 2011 at 9:38AM
kasha77

So glad you are in the sunshine and warmth Karyn! Soak it up! Sounds like so much fun- all those exotics! Thank you Karyn, I will be appreciative of anything you can send me! I'd love to take a stroll in Gardino's Nursery- but I'd want to bring everything home with me! Talk to you soon-

Bookmark   December 28, 2011 at 2:03PM
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

Sounds nice. We haven't even had a freeze yet in NE FL. We were supposed to get one tonight, finally, but now they are saying 40 instead. I'm not complaining lol. I haven't even got everything cut back and into the gh yet.

Bookmark   December 28, 2011 at 4:03PM
figara(Ca 9)

Wonderful Karyn. After Christmas my sister from NY headed to Boca Raton and I headed home. I wish I could have gone with her.
Happy New Year !

Bookmark   January 2, 2012 at 11:43PM
More Discussions
Brugmansia cuttings wanted
I'm looking for Brugmansia cuttings I'll pay postage...
rowtow
How many cuttings in one pot?
I have 12 cuttings in water that have lengthy roots...
bdw75
angel trumpet seeds
im getting ready to bid on some white and purple angel...
jeannie75
Question for Rosie1949. Re overwintering brugs in water
I posted this on another thread but since it may not...
mnwsgal 4 MN
Brugmansia Eternity
I think everyone should have no problems flowering...
boonboon
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™