NYC midtown - free beautiful mature Holly Fern

sherryazure(6)April 25, 2006

I got this plant from moss collected in sidewalk crack ages ago. Spores turned into little ferns, now one big one which has outgrown my globe shaped terrarium. About (tallest frond taller then rest) 1 - 1/2 foot high and maybe as wide. Each year has spores.... It is high humidity plant and maybe can be hardened down but everytime I try it starts to wilt in dry air of NYC winter (and summer for that matter)

I would like to give it to a good home as I don't destroy plants... Let me know if you are interested please. Sherry

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kyshorthaul(kentucky)

I would like to have it if you think it would make the trip
I want to add more ferns to my garden ...
let me know if you what to ship out of your state..
it would be sweet... and I promise if blessed with it to take care of it..
fellow plant lover....

Bookmark   April 26, 2006 at 4:35AM
sherryazure(6)

Kyshorthaul - not sure why nothing showed up in my email??? at any rate it is a tropical high humidity fern, not sure it would do well at all in outdoors, although I know humidity if I recall from childhood in Indiana, is high in that region during summer... Let me know if you think it would survive in outdoors in Kentucky... I was trying to find a NYC person to avoid shipping et al... However let me know thoughts. Sherry

Bookmark   April 26, 2006 at 9:25AM
dcmorchid

would be interested in adding it to my collections of plants and odds stuff in my green house if it was still available
thanks
David

Bookmark   April 27, 2006 at 9:36AM
sherryazure(6)

David, not sure why my emails not going through. Please email me at sherryazure@yahoo.com (or anyone interested) the greenhouse is a suitable home and I have others as my ferns proprogate a lot! Not sure where you live and not sure about shipping... (ie is it worth cost of fern) I can do it of course as I have shipped plants from Oregon but they were on the plane with me so basically a long day for them. Let me know. Best Sherry

Bookmark   April 29, 2006 at 9:16AM
More Discussions
Bird's Nest Fern with yellowing leaves and white dots
Hi there, We've had our Bird's Nest Fern (Asplenium...
pkozul
Is this a moss / lichen / ???
Hello all, I picked this (attached picture) up along...
pessimizt
Best micro-ferns/mosses for a SMALL closed plant terrarium
Hi, I am new to this but excited to learn more. I was...
momo034
Sphagnum moss update!
Frozen Sphagnum Moss- the tiny bit of purple in there...
cooperdr_gw
Asplenum nidus with new fronds or new stems?
Two years ago they gave me two small Asplenium nidus...
Baobab
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™