Conifer Prices

olypenMarch 14, 2012

My local nursery got their Iseli shipment in yesterday that included three 6 gallon plants that they included in the order for me (Picea omorika 'Pendula Bruns,' Pinus contorta 'Taylor's Sunburst,' and Pinus banksiana 'Uncle Fogy'). It was a pleasant surprise to find that each plant was $15 cheaper than I was quoted when I placed the order last fall. I also have found that the new arrivals from other suppliers are lower in price than last year. I suspect that this is a reaction from the suppliers to a continued drop in demand. Check your want list as you might be able to afford another conifer this year.

Bill

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gamekeeper

The nursery that I get alot from has everything on line the same as last year.

Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 12:26PM
dcsteg(5 Shawnee, KS.)

Iseli under new ownership which might explain price fluctuation.

Dave

Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 4:47PM
firefightergardener(7/8)

Normal prices at a nursery I wander through in the Pacific Northwest. I did pick up two nice plants that might have been underpriced. Photo galleries to come!

-Will

Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 6:32PM
jth97381

Usually nurseries have several different price points. If you put in a larger order you may received a discount. Or sometimes if you buy 1 you may pay a higher price then if you buy 20. $15 cheaper for a #6 sounds like a good deal. Could be the nursery you had do the ordering bought some for themselves as well and got pushed into a cheaper bracket.

Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 6:45PM
olypen

The nursery that included my 3 plants in their order gave me the quote after calling Iseli. I also know that their order was not larger than normal. At a separate nursery I found a 6 gallon Pinus sylvestris 'Gold Coin' from a different supplier last week at $88. This same plant was $116 last year. I really believe that suppliers have lowered their prices. If you have the option, I would suggest that you comparison shop as some nurseries may or may not pass these savings along.

Bill

Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 7:43PM
More Discussions
can someone please help me I.D. this please?
I've had this tree for years and it hasn't seemed to...
mora2817
Please identify this pine tree
Could someone please identify these pine trees? This...
PicoAzores
Dawn Redwoods side by side
When I purchased a two foot 'Ogon' Dawn Redwood I decided...
mikebotann
Pinus Nigra hardiness
We had a brutal temp swing in November after a very...
treebarb Z5 Denver
Your opinion - new white pine leader
This white pine was planted last April. The idiots...
johniferous
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™