i am sold on dyna-gro foliage pro

kev122August 1, 2014

Hello from the delmarva, the only change to my citrus regimen this year has been the use of foliage pro and I am thrilled with the results. I have had consistent growth since starting back in early spring with every tree! My calamondin has just started blooming this week. P.S. I use it for my tomatoes as well with great results. Thanks board , never would have used it without recs from here. Kev

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
johnmerr(11)

There is good reason why so many here recommend those products. Good job on your tree.

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 3:17PM
kev122

Thanks John, I know you are a Meyer guy, so here are the new baby Meyers that just fruited last week on just one branch. Best to you, kev.

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 3:32PM
johnmerr(11)

For my garden Meyers I would thin that cluster to 4; and later to 3 or 2 depending on the strength of the limb.
Meyers do not do a good job of self-thinning until about 5 years; before that, if you leave too many fruits, the tree will "forget" to grow.

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 4:03PM
greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a

Foliage Pro really is great stuff...as long as it is used consistently! I stopped by the local Hydro shop the other day and the fella there gave me the last two quarts of Foliage Pro for $25 total! What a score!

Josh

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 4:30PM
Asrar

Hi. I was thinking to order it from ebay. Can anyone give a picture or a detail of this product. My ML has same cluster of flowers. And can u say bit more how to thin it ? I mean, should i pick every adjacent fruit ? Thx :)

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 5:09PM
johnmerr(11)

Asrar,

Wait until the flowers have gone and the fruit is set...as in Kev's photo. At that point you simply snip off some of the fruits. If you cut the flowers, a Meyer will just make more flowers.

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 6:04PM
kev122

Thanks for the advice John, will do on the thinning. Asrar, I ordered mine from Amazon. They have a product description as well as pictures available for reference. Kev.

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 10:22PM
meyermike_1micha(5)

Kev, fantastic..I am so glad you are having a good year and I hope you have many to come...You are doing something right...The color and growth is nice..

MIke

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 10:28PM
meyermike_1micha(5)

Kev, fantastic..I am so glad you are having a good year and I hope you have many to come...You are doing something right...The color and growth is nice..

MIke

Bookmark   August 1, 2014 at 10:38PM
More Discussions
Sunniland Citrus, Avocado and Mango Fertilizer 6-4-6
I buy this Sunniland Citrus, Avocado and Mango Fertilizer...
Randy31513
Cuban Shaddock, a dwarfing rootstock? I doubt it
It is difficult to find information about this rootstock...
axier - Z10, Basque Country (Spain)
Fertilising in Gritty mix
Hello everyone, OK, this may be a really basic question,...
bopwinter
Ants on blossoms?
Is it okay for the Blossom/plant?
coconutman
Polyembryonic seeds
Hi to all I'm germinating some kumquat seeds and some...
swfx
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™