What should I do?

figara(Ca 9)December 6, 2009

The forecast for last night was 35* . I brought into the house a few precious cutting and my double white. Now I do not know what to do. I am concern about my double white who has two seed pods on it and I do not want to loose them. If I put it outside during the day temp between 50-60* and take in it at night if the temps drop into thirties will stress it out?

Should I keep it in the house? Today I did not know what to do and I kept it in the house. Monday will be 48* during the day and 30* at night, then temps during the day will be 55-60* and 40* at night.

I need advise quickly.

Thanks

Pat

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kasha77

Hi Pat-
Don't panic- your brug will be fine- if you feel like lugging it in & out that's fine- I don't think it will stress out- they are tropicals & like the warmth. Just do not leave it out when it gets below 40- this time of year is so iffy- In the beginning of fall, when we had a few days where the temp. lows hit 33- & 35, right around 6:30 am, then the sun came up right away at 7 & started warming things. Mine suffered only a little damage- but kept on growing- but now- it's 30 & below by 11 pm, way too long a cold period for our brugs- they will surely die out there.... I finally took mine inside- & guess what- after digging it up a month ago-(she also has a huge seed pod) it's starting to have new blossoms- which I will post here when they open... Don't be afraid- you're right on track!
hugs~
kasha77

Bookmark   December 6, 2009 at 11:24PM
karyn1(7a)

I know this is late but the buds and pods on my brugs held during a few frosts though the foliage looked like wet kleenex. As long as the temps are only near freezing for a few hours it should be fine. You can schlep it back and forth if you want, it won't stress the plant or you could toss a sheet or other cloth (not plastic) over the plants at night if the temps are going to be cold.

Bookmark   December 7, 2009 at 6:23AM
figara(Ca 9)

Thank you, thank you Karyn and Kasha. You gals made me feel better.

Pat

Bookmark   December 7, 2009 at 10:50AM
More Discussions
Brugmansia cuttings
Hi I am trying to see if anyone has brugmansia cuttings...
marcie_new
Brugmansia cuttings wanted
I'm looking for Brugmansia cuttings I'll pay postage...
rowtow
Malted barley Teas
I always end up with extra cuttings so I root them...
rednofl
angel trumpet seeds
im getting ready to bid on some white and purple angel...
jeannie75
Brugmansia Eternity
I think everyone should have no problems flowering...
boonboon
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™