It's a Grand Old Flag: Weekend Trivia -- Sunday

thinman(Z5 MI)July 4, 2010

OK, I've been way too easy on you lately, so I think I have a trickier one for you today. According to the US Census Bureau, almost two and a half million dollars worth of American flags were imported from China in 2009. Ironic, huh? Also in 2009, almost one million dollars worth of American flags were exported from the US to another country. Which country do you think it was?

ThinMan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada

Well I haven't got a clue, I have one thought on the subject but it's probably wrong, later.

Happy 4th guys,

Annette

Bookmark   July 4, 2010 at 10:45AM
cyn427(z7aN. VA)

Hmmm...lots of possibilities-place with huge US military presence, allies, places from which many of our folks originated, a place with lots of ex-pats???...I'm thinking. Will pick one as a pure guess in a bit. Wondering if it could be Iraq, China (now that would be doubly ironic), Canada (so, Annette and Nancy, how many US flags do you see in your neighborhoods? heehee), maybe India or Japan...phew. Spin the globe with eyes closed...

Good question, TM.

Bookmark   July 4, 2010 at 11:33AM
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada

I know I'm not going to come up with anything else so I'm guessing Canada because of the Olympics.

Annette

Bookmark   July 4, 2010 at 11:46AM
libbyshome(z9a BC)

Hi everyone.

I thought and thought and came up with: Mexico

Libby

Bookmark   July 4, 2010 at 2:04PM
little_dani(9, S. Tex Coast)

I think it is Mexico. There are a lot of Americans living in Mexico- extremely cheap to retire there, and if you speak the language, you have it made. I don't know if there are enough to purchase a million $$ worth, but I don't think any other country has more.

Bookmark   July 4, 2010 at 6:41PM
thinman(Z5 MI)

Sí, es México. I don't know why that is so, but Janie's reasoning sounds good to me. Once again, my feeble attempt at trivia domination has been foiled by smarty cottage gardeners. Grrrrrr.

for Libby and Janie.

Thanks for playing this weekend.

TM

Bookmark   July 5, 2010 at 9:05AM
cyn427(z7aN. VA)

I never got back, but I would have been wrong. I was actually thinking Canada, but then wondered about places with military bases like Guam or American Samoa. Never would have guessed Mexico.

Fun question. Your domination (partial at least) of the sport is safe as long as I am playing-ha. Thanks,TM.

Bookmark   July 5, 2010 at 9:45AM
More Discussions
Wanting to sow my wild flower seeds, have questions
Recently a gas line was installed in front of our house...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
A picture from everyone , 2014
I remember loving the threads that would get started...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
Blackberry lily (Belamcanda chinensis)
This is my attempt to post. This is a plant I haven't...
frogview00
Here's what my Garden looks like!!
The icicles are getting crazy big, but they look pretty...
midnightsmum (Z4, ON)
Gardenweb and the Houzz Team.
I know Gardenweb is now part of the Houzz Team,..however...
nulty
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™