Beaded Wood Fern or Champions Wood Fern...

petsitterbarb(Zone 6, N.E. OK)June 20, 2009

I'm needing evergreen, arching, hardy ferns that can be used in galvanized washtubs in bright shade in Oklahoma. Am considering Beaded Wood or Champions Wood ferns, as well as Leatherwood. Any suggestions, comments or photos would be greatly appreciated. I LOVE ferns, but want to get the right ones. I've already purchased some Autumn ferns and Tassel ferns for the same general area, but not in containers.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
petsitterbarb(Zone 6, N.E. OK)

Never mind...I've just ordered all of those I'm considering, plus a few others! It's HOT here, and the thought of more ferns in our yard makes me feel abit cooler! I'll find places for them, that's for sure. I LOVE ferns! I had trouble with the Forest Farm website, so went with Big Dipper for my order. Can't wait to get them!

Bookmark   June 22, 2009 at 4:42PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
petsitterbarb(Zone 6, N.E. OK)

Just wanted to report that my ferns from Big Dipper Farm arrived in great shape this morning. I got Champion's, Ostrich, Beaded Wood Fern, Leatherwood and Christmas ferns. The company gets a definite "A" rating from me. Good correspondence, wonderfully packaged, fast shipping, and the ferns look terrific...very healthy, even though shipped in HOT weather.

Bookmark   July 3, 2009 at 11:33PM
More Discussions
Platyceriums for a cool, but frost-free climate?
Hi, I'm just curious whether people have suggestions...
mark4321_gw
ID for Winter Mushrooms?
Please see the Flickr link below if you think you might...
vmr423
Is this a moss / lichen / ???
Hello all, I picked this (attached picture) up along...
pessimizt
Decidedly Unhappy Moss
Hey all I live in Cape Town, South Africa. Here, we...
JasonFourie514
Rescuing wilting Holly Fern
I'm struggling to grow my Japanese holly fern in my...
fieldofflowers
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™