Searching for "Blood Lime" in Florida

JCitrusAugust 22, 2014

Hi yall, im on a citrus Bender and would love to track down a "blood lime" for my collection. I know excalibur carries what they call a blood lime but it doesn't look the same as some of the ones I see in Pics on the web. I will likely get one from Richard but would also like one of the ones that are bright red. Any ideas?? much apreciated. Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA

Seriously? That is not a real citrus, clearly Photoshopped. There is no lime that looks like that. The blood lime, which is not available in the state of California, but may be available in Florida will look more like a blood orange, somewhere between a Moro and a Tarrocco.

Patty S.

Bookmark   August 23, 2014 at 1:13AM
JCitrus

I thought the same thing, but a google image search of "blood lime" shows many pics of them, I chose this pic because to me its wild, I would LOVE to have one, mostly associated with recipes, couldnt find any us sources but they apear to be avialable in Aus somewhere it states its some sort of a cross btwn a red aussi finger lime and a Mandarin. Input much apreciated

Bookmark   August 23, 2014 at 12:36PM
JCitrus

Blood lime

Bookmark   August 23, 2014 at 12:39PM
JCitrus

Bump for more info, some digging reveals that these mythical unicorn citrus might actually exist in the land of Oz( australia) would greatly apreciate any info. Thanks

Bookmark   September 20, 2014 at 9:22PM
JCitrus

Blood lime

Bookmark   September 20, 2014 at 9:29PM
hoosierquilt USDA 10A Sunset 23 Vista CA

They do exist, that was not the point I was making, the point was your first photo is Photoshopped, make no mistake. If you want to know if this is available in Florida, check with University of FL Budwood program. That would be the only place a grower would be able to get clean budwood. If U of FL has it, then it may be available in the state of Florida. These are not like Mexican (Key) Limes or Bearss LImes, more like the Australian Finger Lime. Rather dry, lime-like, not probably the best tasting citrus, but certainly a novelty.

Patty S.

This post was edited by hoosierquilt on Sat, Sep 20, 14 at 22:31

Bookmark   September 20, 2014 at 10:27PM
tcamp30144(7B N.ATLANTA)

Try harris citrus.
Trace

Bookmark   September 21, 2014 at 9:19AM
More Discussions
Broken Satsuma and Kumquat trees
Hello all. Last May, I planted satsuma and kumquat...
lsugolfredman
Leaf drop question, meyermike, johnmerr, or all expert advice please
I've been watching one of my two meyer lemon tree's...
stickstring (Northern California 8b)
Grapefruit Tree fertilizer
Hi everyone. I have a question regarding fertilizer...
Newtster
My first Meyer Lemon tree in the heat of Arizona
Hi Everyone, My last adventure with growing blueberries...
jacqdavis
Citrus maxima flower buds?
When should I start fertilizing pomelos?
coconutman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™