sigh, a newbie needing fern I.D.

jardin_de_mariaJuly 19, 2009

Hi all. I know that sometimes, people on forums may get frustrated with newbies asking obvious answers, or answers that can be easily found elsewhere...however, I hope that you are all kind people because when I tried researching for a plant I.D. , the information was so overwhelming!

I'm also completely new to this game of gardening. I am hoping to grow a prayer garden.

I would like to replant this fern I found on our property. I would like to find the best ways to do this, because it seems very picky in its location, though it grows VERY abundantly where it does. First, I need to know what it is.

if you need a more detailed photo, click on this one. (disregard the plant on the top and the one on your right)

I live in a tropical climate and whether it rains or not is very unpredictable. It's also very humid here.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

It doesn't appear to be a fern. But perhaps you should post this image in the Plant ID forum, where there are many true experts in plant identification.

Here is a link that might be useful: Let's get that plant identified, follow me!

Bookmark   July 20, 2009 at 3:08PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jardin_de_maria

ah, thanks for the link. i can definitely use it later. it is a fern, i think maybe i should just get a better photo of it. hopefully i will get a camera this weekend ;)

Bookmark   July 20, 2009 at 10:09PM
More Discussions
Is this a moss / lichen / ???
Hello all, I picked this (attached picture) up along...
pessimizt
Rabbit Foot Fern dropping fronds
I have a rabbit foot fern, Davailla sp., that has been...
gill_bo_baggins
Tips on growing ferns from spores? Have prothallia!
This year I decided I'd try my hand at growing ferns...
candogal
Rescuing wilting Holly Fern
I'm struggling to grow my Japanese holly fern in my...
fieldofflowers
Sphagnum moss problem
This happened once before when it got too hot but this...
cooperdr_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™