ID'ing fern

whippet_lovers(region 5)July 24, 2007

I feel so stupid. I was in Lowes the other day, and saw these ferns. I got so nostalgic, because my Nana had them all over her house, and I hadn't seen them in ages. I know they aren't 'rare.' but like I said... hadn't seen one in many years. Unfortunately, the tag only said 'Assorted ferns. Full sun.' Well, I'm not the least knowlegeable about ferns, but I believe most of them do NOT like sun???

I've searched for pictures of ferns to try to ID it, but no luck. Can anyone tell me what it is and how to care for it? I can't figure out for the life of me, how to load the pic, so if this doesn't work, and you want to have a look at the picture, please email me and I'll send it to you. If the pic does load, it looks a bit like a springeri, but it isn't at all. It a VERY fine delicate feathery looking fern.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
esh_ga

You can upload a picture to photobucket.com (open a free account). Then copy the HTML tag line that photobucket provides and paste it here. When you preview your message, you should see the picture.

This forum does have a gallery section which allows you to upload a picture of 60K or less in size. Photobucket does not have a size restriction.

Bookmark   July 24, 2007 at 9:23PM
whippet_lovers(region 5)

Thank you for the instructions!... Hope this works. The fern has a very 'layered look.' Not fronds going everywhich way like a springerii or boston. Its very delicate and feathery.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   July 25, 2007 at 1:32PM
whippet_lovers(region 5)

Another picture

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   July 25, 2007 at 1:45PM
Judy_B_ON(Ontario 5B)

Looks like Asparagus Fern, which is not a true fern at all but a perennial with fern like foliage. Often used by florists in cut flower arrangements.

Here is a link that might be useful: Asparagus Fern

Bookmark   July 26, 2007 at 2:11PM
More Discussions
Sphagnum moss problem
This happened once before when it got too hot but this...
cooperdr_gw
Platyceriums for a cool, but frost-free climate?
Hi, I'm just curious whether people have suggestions...
mark4321_gw
Can someone help me ID this fern?
Hi, I purchased this fern 2 years ago from eBay. They...
odysseos
Do I need to trim back ferns?
Hi, I live in NW Georgia and we recently had a couple...
bevinga
Unknown Fern ID
I had this fern sprout in a pot with another plant....
foxd
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™