Does anybody know what this is?

MarkProJuly 9, 2013

I bought this plant a few years ago but it was unlabeled. I have looked all over the internet and the only thing i found was asparagus fern, but i don't think that is correct. Can anyone let me know what kind of plant this is. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tropicbreezent

It's an Asparagus Fern. Related to Asparagus but not to ferns. There's a few different types, some have more coarse leaflets. That's one of the very fine ones. They're very popular as hanging indoor plants.

Bookmark   July 9, 2013 at 7:53PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

It's an Asparagus setaceus, one of the asparagus 'ferns' as tropic mentioned. This variety is probably seen less often than the others.

Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 1:25PM
tropicbreezent

They tend to be the most common ones grown here, I think people prefer the fine foliage, although they still do have "claws". Asparagus racemosus is native here but it's one with coarse leaflets (strictly speaking they're cladodes and not leaves, botanists make a distinction there).

Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 11:18PM
garyfla_gw(10 Florida)

Hi
be careful about putting them outdoors in a warm climate all the kinds are highly invasive i've allowed it to take over a fence which was probably a mistake as it's spreading into the hedges lol During heavy rains they pop up everywhere !! gary

Bookmark   July 19, 2013 at 3:47AM
More Discussions
Platyceriums for a cool, but frost-free climate?
Hi, I'm just curious whether people have suggestions...
mark4321_gw
Is this a moss / lichen / ???
Hello all, I picked this (attached picture) up along...
pessimizt
Rabbit Foot Fern dropping fronds
I have a rabbit foot fern, Davailla sp., that has been...
gill_bo_baggins
ID for Winter Mushrooms?
Please see the Flickr link below if you think you might...
vmr423
Unknown Fern ID
I had this fern sprout in a pot with another plant....
foxd
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™