I have a lot of these back in my woods this year. I don't remember ever seeing them there before.
Well, to answer your question, I don't think any mushrooms are "bad", they all have a job to do. Here's your picture:
Those are one of the mushrooms known as puffballs. All are organic matter recyclers, feeding off stuff that is already dead or decayed. Some species are known to develop essential mycorrhizal relationships with the root systems of certain trees.
Okay, thank you. I was back there today and it looked like something either ate them or they were picked.
I remember our science teacher showing us these. When they are mature you can pop them just by pressing on them and they release a puff of spores for the breeze to carry off. Of course if you wait they will open without human help, and you'll usually miss the little show.