geo seed germination

gullywashFebruary 24, 2009

Anyone buy seed from Geo that is a 'dream seed'? I bought Verbana bonariensis and it has been apeXenhanced for easier germination. Do I treat it as already been through the stratification process? Thanks, guys.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flower_farmer(5/6 MI)

Barbara,

I don't recall having germination issues with raw Verbena bonariensis. It may, however, just be a fluke for us since we start many seeds at cool temperatures in the seedling greenhouse.

With the apeX enhanced Verbena bonariensis seed, it appears you are paying only $1.25 more per M for 25-30% higher germination. The sooner they germinate, the sooner the plugs can get to the field; and, the more seedlings moving through the greenhouse means higher profit margins.

Bookmark   March 4, 2009 at 9:29AM
Fundybayfarm(z5westernN.S.)

I agree with Trish as far as growing it cool. I don't seed that into my hotbed, just use flats. It seems to me that it takes a while to germinate, like about 3 weeks. I know that just as I think it isn't going to some up, the next day it all pops up.

Bookmark   March 6, 2009 at 7:46AM
gullywash

Thanks for your information. In the past the germination percentage for the verbena has been dismal; thought I would try something new. Will try cool.

Bookmark   March 10, 2009 at 10:48AM
More Discussions
please post your flower arrangement we love to see them
I have an Idea I will post some flower arrangements...
Lorna1949
White flowers for dappled shade
Looking for white annuals or perennials for under the...
lmsparkie
Cutting Zinnia's to vase
I have a few basic questions that I could not find...
Lady9
What (more tropical) flowers to grow in uk
So I want to grow a load of flowers in most of the...
mushibu10
Straw for mulch?
Hello everyone, I am considering using straw for mulch...
Fundybayfarm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™