Cuttings from an Ivy plant- Need help.

packer43064February 11, 2006

Well I have this Ivy plant, the house plant kind, I use it for my toads. I've had it planted in the toads tank since December I think, it's doing just fine. I cutted a few peices off so I could grow some more plants instead of buying more plants. I have them in the plastic black plants things that you start seeds in, I don't know what their called. I am using Miracle-Gro Moisture Control soil. I just planted them Saturday the 11th, so yeah.I was wondering can I evengrow them to a full plant like the bigger one I have that I cutted off of.

Also how long will it take for roots to grow and when could I transplant them back into the frogs tank.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pudge 2b

Yes, the cuttings will grow once rooted, which will take a couple of weeks or so with even moisture to the soil and humidity around the plants (enclosed in a domed flat or in a large plastic bag helps this, but don't let the leaves touch the plastic). Keep the cuttings in a warn, bright spot but out of direct sunlight. Then after they root, you should allow them to grow for another few weeks to develop a good root system before you transplant them again.

Bookmark   February 11, 2006 at 12:13PM
More Discussions
preparing very weedy area for next year's cutting garden
This year because of a host of unfortunate events and...
nancy0903
High temps reducing cuts?
I am in my second year of growing cut flowers for farmers'...
Mike_PP11
Growing zinnias and ranunculus for wedding
Hello, I am planning on growing the necessary flowers...
Logan-Jess
Cutting Zinnia's to vase
I have a few basic questions that I could not find...
Lady9
Longest-Lasting Flowers for Arrangements?
Any suggestions for long-lasting cut flowers would...
christy51274
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™