Seedlings are yellowing--need some help ; (
I am a grower in Indiana, Zone 5. I have about 4000 seedlings under fluorescent lights (one warm/one cool). Lights are 3 inches from seedlings. Here is the scenario so far.
1. We planted in Pro-Mix with biofungicide this year because we lost so many to damping off last year.
2. A ceiling fan is continually moving in the grow area.
3. At about 3 weeks I started fertilizing with 1/2 strengh -- used Miracle Gro.
4. Seedlings that are yellowing are Amazon dianthus --also some damping off so pulling the flats and replanting.
5. Cramer's Celosia damping off and yellowing.
6. We have really tried to monitor the watering so that we do not overwater.
7. Blue Horizon and Blue Planet ageratum, snaps, etc. seem to be fine so far.
8. Temperature runs about 75.
Just getting a little nervous again, because we lost so much last year. Any help as to what we need to do at this point? Thank you in advance, from anyone who has the time to respond! ; ) pitt