Growing Lycopodiums in pots

terrestrial_man(9)November 4, 2010

Think I have done it. Found a way of growing lycopodiums in pots. It has been a real challenge but the links below will open up images that you can click on to enlarge and will trace you through my discovery and present experiment.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gmaculata(5)

Jerry, What a truly interesting experiment. I have tried to grow Cold hardy Lycopodium as well. I had them last a couple of years then die off. This has given me hope it can be done!

Thanks
Glen

Bookmark   December 17, 2010 at 12:07AM
terrestrial_man(9)

Thanks Glen. My experiment has only been for a year and a month so far. I do hope to see new growth on the older plants that come up out of the pots. As I am growing them in Coastal California I am not too sure if our warmer winters will deter subsequent growth though they did do so last year
But if you are in an area of natural occurrence then I have nothing but hope for your success.
I have wanted to grow these babies for years but always failed. When I learned of a university that went out and dug new plants every year because they would die out I really begun experimenting in earnest. Hopefully what I have learned so far will provide the kind of success I am wishing for. And in this area of California too!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   December 17, 2010 at 12:40AM
greenlarry(UK 8/9)

Very good Jerry!

Bookmark   December 18, 2010 at 4:12PM
More Discussions
Platycerium madagascariense updates
Just showing a few forms of this interesting group...
RainforestGuy
Unknown Fern ID
I had this fern sprout in a pot with another plant....
foxd
ID needed: Is this a Rabbit's Foot Fern?
Hi all, I found this nice little fern growing in 1...
bobochacha
Doradilla? Fem Scale?
So I was in this Mexican market and found something...
cooperdr_gw
Platyceriums for a cool, but frost-free climate?
Hi, I'm just curious whether people have suggestions...
mark4321_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™