Web Site

all_bout_flowersApril 12, 2009

I'd like to do a new web site for my flower business and I need a new Web Design Program because my Front Page 2002, is so outdated. I've seen some nice web sites from you guys out there. What do you use? I'm on the web today because our lovely rain has came back after a week long hiatus.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flowers4u(z6 OR)

Hi - on the market farming listserve about a year ago, there was an entire thread on this topic. I'll try to find it and then post a link.

I want to set up a simple reference site with lots of links to flower pictures! Haven't gotten there yet though....

Let us know what you do and let us see it ok?

:)

Wendy - where it snowed again last night....

Bookmark   April 14, 2009 at 2:52PM
goodscents(z5 MI)

I am not very tech savvy so I registered a domain through Network Solutions and used their online website designer. It is not as flexible as using something like Front Page - you can't explicitly edit the html to insert tracking for Google analytics, for example. Like Wendy all I really wanted was a site where I could post lots of pictures and explain how my subscription service works, and it has been really good for that. I don't want to put the URL in here but if you e-mail me I will send it to you.

I also started a blog last year on blogspot so I could post pictures of the bouquets I delivered to customers each week and write about what I was growing. That is completely free.

Kirk

Bookmark   April 17, 2009 at 10:00AM
bagardens (Ohio, Zone 5b)

Why do you say that Front Page 2002 is outdated? I use Front Page 2003 and do not see any problems with it. I used an older version in the past and did not see many differences between the two. Except for a while my 2003 version did not work right when I published it, but I think it did not load in properly, because when my computer crashed and I had to reload Front Page in it ended up working the way it was suppose to.

If you are looking for something different I have heard that Dreamweaver is suppose to be better (more professional) than Front Page, but I have never tried it myself.

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 3:51PM
More Discussions
High temps reducing cuts?
I am in my second year of growing cut flowers for farmers'...
Mike_PP11
Cutting Stocks
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone could help me?...
petal978
Zinnia flower heads not growing large as expected
I planted a variety of zinnias this year....smoothies...
tizzylizzyloo
What (more tropical) flowers to grow in uk
So I want to grow a load of flowers in most of the...
mushibu10
wedding flower help
1st . I would like to grow calla lollies for daughters...
mohawkmom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™