Horribly failed attempt at growing moss...what happened??
I tried to start some moss growing by mixing the recommended ingredients of moss, buttermilk, sugar, and corn syrup in the blender. Well, the mixture turned out really runny and I wanted it to be more of a paste, so I added some flour to thicken it. Then I spread it over some dirt in a pot and covered that with saran wrap. I left it alone for about 2 weeks, and when I went back to check it, something was definetly growing, but it wasn't moss. A huge amount of white mold grew and covered the entire paste that I had applied to the dirt. There was also some patches of blue/green mold. I was astonished at how much mold grew in so little time. What did I do wrong and what caused all the mold?