Wedding Flowers

all_bout_flowersApril 1, 2009

As one of my business side lines I have a florist that gives my number out to brides that want to do their own flowers for their wedding. I think this is the year it may pay off. I have an appointment with a bride in a few weeks for her July wedding, what I need to know from anyone out their willing to share are these few things: Do you collect a deposit and how much, is it non-refundable? Do you rent out your clean bucket or deliver flowers, how much do you charge for that service? Keep in mind in order for me to get a referral from the florist these are sold in straight bunches for the bride to put together. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flowers4u(z6 OR)

Hi -
Good for you! I do this as well. I ask for a $50 deposit (and am thinking about making it non-refundable...it hasn't been an issue so far), applicable to their total flower purchase. I limit myself to 2 weddings per weekend.

They use my buckets and return them. They also pick up their flowers at our farm. I do offer to do the bouquets/bouts/corsages if they think that might be a problem.

The local B&Bs and caters are sending brides my way...so pursue those, as well as local harvest.org

Good luck,
Wendy

Bookmark   April 2, 2009 at 2:57PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
all_bout_flowers

Thank you for your input. I may change my Local Harvest page to say, "Wedding flowers." I have my business cards in every coffee shop in town. In fact I just sold some tulips to one of my regular coffee shops today. I only planted about 200 tulips last fall in the big cold frame, now I'm kicking myself for not planting more they were so beautiful I was able to sell them all.

Bookmark   April 2, 2009 at 8:54PM
More Discussions
cold hardy kiwi
looking for a male and female cuttings to start cold...
juststartingout
wedding flower help
1st . I would like to grow calla lollies for daughters...
mohawkmom
Peony shaped flowers
I have fallen in love, again, with peony flowers. (...
qbush
Self seeding annuals in zone 4
Hello! I was wondering if anyone has had experience...
greenthumbon1hand
Cutting Zinnia's to vase
I have a few basic questions that I could not find...
Lady9
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™