Wedding Flowers

all_bout_flowersApril 1, 2009

As one of my business side lines I have a florist that gives my number out to brides that want to do their own flowers for their wedding. I think this is the year it may pay off. I have an appointment with a bride in a few weeks for her July wedding, what I need to know from anyone out their willing to share are these few things: Do you collect a deposit and how much, is it non-refundable? Do you rent out your clean bucket or deliver flowers, how much do you charge for that service? Keep in mind in order for me to get a referral from the florist these are sold in straight bunches for the bride to put together. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flowers4u(z6 OR)

Hi -
Good for you! I do this as well. I ask for a $50 deposit (and am thinking about making it non-refundable...it hasn't been an issue so far), applicable to their total flower purchase. I limit myself to 2 weddings per weekend.

They use my buckets and return them. They also pick up their flowers at our farm. I do offer to do the bouquets/bouts/corsages if they think that might be a problem.

The local B&Bs and caters are sending brides my way...so pursue those, as well as local harvest.org

Good luck,
Wendy

Bookmark   April 2, 2009 at 2:57PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
all_bout_flowers

Thank you for your input. I may change my Local Harvest page to say, "Wedding flowers." I have my business cards in every coffee shop in town. In fact I just sold some tulips to one of my regular coffee shops today. I only planted about 200 tulips last fall in the big cold frame, now I'm kicking myself for not planting more they were so beautiful I was able to sell them all.

Bookmark   April 2, 2009 at 8:54PM
More Discussions
planting out hardy annuals
Hey all, was reading recently that it should be safe...
tomlinson04
Bright Light Cosmos Never Again
This is the second year in a row that my bright light...
weld
Avocado tree from seed
If I cut my avocado seed sprout down to 6", will...
ellen1818
Growing zinnias and ranunculus for wedding
Hello, I am planning on growing the necessary flowers...
Logan-Jess
Peony shaped flowers
I have fallen in love, again, with peony flowers. (...
qbush
Sponsored Products
Forever Green Art W In ter Rose Arrangement
Beyond Stores
Pink Lily Garden Stake
$26.99 | zulily
Santoor Rug by Mat-The-Basics
$995.00 | Lumens
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Accent Rug: LA Rugs Fun Time Hearts Pink 19 in. x 29 in.
$11.97 | Home Depot
Metro Floral Wool Area Rug - 3' x 5'
Grandin Road
Dabmar Antique Brass Horn Landscape Path Light
$79.99 | Lamps Plus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™