Does anyone know about Brazilia....?

kitkat_oregon(7)April 13, 2010

I saw a bouquet being made including something called Brazilia. I dont know if the spelling is correct or where it comes from, Brazil does leap to mind, lol. It has really lovely soft green berries all bunched together, but I did not see it up close. Any ideas? I cant find anything about it on the web. Thanks. Kat

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diggerdee zone 6 CT

I can't seem to find much either - except for many references to it being used in wedding bouquets. I wonder if you could ask your local florist if she/he knows anything about it.

I saw some references that seemed to equate it with guarana, but when I searched guarana, there were no references to brazilia berry.

Sounds beautiful (despite it's common name, lol). I hope someone can find something about it

:)
Dee

Bookmark   April 16, 2010 at 3:20PM
kitkat_oregon(7)

Hi Dee, thanks for the response. I cant find anyone who knows anything about it. The woman who was making the bouquet only knew that it came from New Zealand and nothing else. I asked my cousin in New Zealand and he has never heard of it. Maybe it goes by some other latin name. Oh well, too many other plants to think about. Kat

Bookmark   April 18, 2010 at 11:00PM
diggerdee zone 6 CT

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I read it was from Australia/New Zealand. Hmm, I wonder if maybe we post on the Australia forum if they would be able to help...?

Dee

Bookmark   April 19, 2010 at 8:46AM
kitkat_oregon(7)

Dee, someone out there must be paying you the big bucks.... good thinking. ;) I'll post on the Aussie web and see what happens.

Kat

Bookmark   April 19, 2010 at 11:00AM
diggerdee zone 6 CT

LOL, Kat, no big bucks here. I'm just persistent - or, as my mother always says, "as stubborn as your grandmother!" - which I always took as a compliment, lol.

Please let me know if you find anything out about this. Thanks!

Dee

Bookmark   April 19, 2010 at 10:13PM
More Discussions
Growing zinnias and ranunculus for wedding
Hello, I am planning on growing the necessary flowers...
Logan-Jess
cold hardy kiwi
looking for a male and female cuttings to start cold...
juststartingout
preparing very weedy area for next year's cutting garden
This year because of a host of unfortunate events and...
nancy0903
Peony shaped flowers
I have fallen in love, again, with peony flowers. (...
qbush
selling at markets, selling to florists
Hi, I'm wondering if most people sell only flowers...
phlowerpower
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™