Delivery fee

gardengirl77April 18, 2012

How much do you charge for delivering flowers to florist shops? Do any of you have any suggestions on what a delivery fee should be if I deliver to a florist shop that is a 60 mile round trip? The nearest cut flower wholesaler is about 50 miles away and I have heard that they charge around $8.00 to deliver. What do you think would be a reasonable fee for me to charge?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
magz88(5a - Central Ontario)

Way more than $8. How much are they buying from you? It has to be worth your while.

Bookmark   April 21, 2012 at 12:12PM
gardengirl77

I deliver to four florist shops that are all in one city. They pretty much buy everything a have to offer.

Bookmark   April 21, 2012 at 1:27PM
PAFlowers

A couple of ways to look at this. Is the florist calling you and requesting you to come? If so, then definately charge at least $8 or more. Or are you driving to them and hoping that they will buy? Also how large of an inventory are you carrying? FLorists will not want to pay a delivery charge just to receive two or three different types of flowers. An easier way to get that money may be to raise your price 50 cents or a dollar per bunch. For the last four or five years, I have charged a five dollar fee during my peak season, usually July thru September.

Bookmark   April 21, 2012 at 5:42PM
rosiew(8 GA)

ggg, the nearest cut flower wholesaler is only miles from you. It's Cut Flower Wholesale (or er).

Bookmark   May 3, 2012 at 10:47AM
More Discussions
fovglove tree from seed... advice
Its two months old... ant tips???
missdock-1
What (more tropical) flowers to grow in uk
So I want to grow a load of flowers in most of the...
mushibu10
High temps reducing cuts?
I am in my second year of growing cut flowers for farmers'...
Mike_PP11
Please recommend cut flowers
I have two spots open in my raised bed for two plants....
mshelenlu
White flowers for dappled shade
Looking for white annuals or perennials for under the...
lmsparkie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™