Kumquat tree leaf problems

amanda_is(5)September 16, 2013

My Kumquat tree's leaves are all getting quite yellow. They've always been a lighter green, but recently it has gotten to the point where they are all yellowing and a couple have turned light brown and fell off. I also have a few tangerine trees and those all have dark green leaves and look fine other than I've been fighting spider mites on them, but they are separated from my Kumquat tree. My Kumquat tree is in a plant window so it gets a great deal of sun. It is also in gritty mix so I am wondering if it is not getting enough nutrients. I fertilize every time I water, but I just dump it on and I'm wondering if I should be soaking it in a big bucket or something instead? Also on 2 of the leaves there is an interesting looking brown spot and I am not sure what that is from. It has quite a few flower buds on it, so that is exciting, but I don't want it to keep going down hill leaf wise. I tried attaching all 3 of my pictures, but I think only one will work so I can post more afterwards. If you have any suggestions for me please let me know. :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amanda_is(5)

Another picture.

Bookmark   September 16, 2013 at 1:45PM
amanda_is(5)

One last picture.

Bookmark   September 16, 2013 at 1:46PM
johnorange

Amanda, I'm no expert so you may want to do more research before you act on my suggestion. Other posters here have been guided toward supplementing with a little epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) when the yellow in the leaf made the green portion around the veins look like a christmas tree. Your last photo looks like that to me. I understand the yellowing is caused by a magnesium defficiency and the epsom salt will solve the defficency. Just don't overdo the epsom salt!

Bookmark   September 17, 2013 at 12:45PM
More Discussions
BUGS 17 :-)
HI all 16 had over 300 post so started this one. Trace...
tcamp30144(7B N.ATLANTA)
Help! I think my 2 yr old lemon tree is in shock!
This plant was doing fine until I trimmed off a huge...
olly805
Cuban Shaddock, a dwarfing rootstock? I doubt it
It is difficult to find information about this rootstock...
axier - Z10, Basque Country (Spain)
Citrus maxima flower buds?
When should I start fertilizing pomelos?
coconutman
SicK Multigrafted Citrus Tree
PLEASE HELP! My multigrafted half barrel container...
neicy37
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™