A few more photos..

kmickleson(z9 CA)May 31, 2005

Here's a few more. The link below will lead to various albums of my garden etc for those interested. Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Karen's garden & various photos

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hydrangeanut

OK Karen, keep this up and you're gonna owe me a keyboard. You do know that drooling all over it isn't good don't you? Ha! So pretty it makes my eyes water. I went and looked at your roses too. I guess the pairing of you and the CA climate make for a perfect pairing! Too beautiful for words. BTW, the next time I see a post of yours I'm gonna grab a towel before I read it....:)

Donna

Bookmark   June 1, 2005 at 2:10AM
kmickleson(z9 CA)

I'm bumping this up, in case recent folk looking at the long post of flower bouquets would like to see these, too.

Karen

Bookmark   June 12, 2005 at 11:15AM
RobRoyOH5(z5 OH)

Karen, those are amazing! What an inspiration! How do you get the flowers to drape over the rims of your containers? Are you using foam or any special mechanics?

Thanks, Roberta

Bookmark   June 12, 2005 at 1:25PM
kmickleson(z9 CA)

Hi, Roberta. No, I don't use anything but my hands, fiddling with 'em! Glad you enjoy them.

Bookmark   June 12, 2005 at 2:28PM
randimoore(z4VT)

WOW!

Bookmark   June 12, 2005 at 5:32PM
crdahlia(z8bWA)

Absolutely beautiful photos, Karen -- all of them. What kind of logs is your arbor made of? We've wanted to build a gazebo on the river side of our home, but just haven't been able to afford it. I like your arbor better than a gazebo -- and there's a chance we could find the materials right here on our property.

Teresa

Bookmark   June 13, 2005 at 7:39AM
kmickleson(z9 CA)

Teresa, glad you like my rustic gazebo. It took a bit of dogged searching to find the logs. At first I was actually considering having a guy on the east coast send me some--that shows you how nuts I get when I'm determined!! All that's available in local supply places is cut wood. See the link below for a wonderful rustic garden structures inspiration journey. The couple who run it are absolute dears.

Then I came upon a local outfit called Old Growth Again, which clears out the floor of redwood forests to promote forest health, and got the guy to sell me the small logs. I'm sure if you're in Washington, you could easily harvest some indigenous wood from which to make a structure--or, if not, find some locally.

Have fun,
Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Rustic Garden Structures

Bookmark   June 13, 2005 at 9:04AM
More Discussions
selling at markets, selling to florists
Hi, I'm wondering if most people sell only flowers...
phlowerpower
Cutting Stocks
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone could help me?...
petal978
Need help identifying this plant/flower
My wife bought a variety pack of seeds and this plant/flower...
carillon
Zinnias - wrong colors and curled petals
I planted a variety of zinnias this year, in raised...
Lily08
preparing very weedy area for next year's cutting garden
This year because of a host of unfortunate events and...
nancy0903
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™